When You Feel Cornered

Frequently, Josephine visits King’s office to establish her position as King’s girlfriend.
King never commented and just let her do what she wants.
Josephine thinks that this is King’s way of telling her that he is slowly falling.
But Josephine never do anything excessive.
This way,King wont find fault at her.
She is aware that the man she fell in love with is not that easy and very personal.

Josephine receives some company employees greetings as she walks inside.
Josephine smiles as acknowledgement.

“Can you hold the elevator please?” Josephine raise her voice slightly to show her grace.

Kara holds the button and waited patiently.

“Thank you.” Josephine smiles at the pretty teenager inside.

Kara smiles showing her pleasant and bright face.

Josephine blinks and puzzled looks at kara.

“17th floor is King’s office. Did you press the wrong button?” Josephine politely ask.
King might be very handsome but when he flips he is very scary. This type of behavior is her only concern.
But so far, King havent gotten mad at her yet making her feel more pleased and she feels so special.

“Nope.” Kara thought this woman is very polite and kind.  But a bit busy body.

“I am also going in that floor. I know King personally. You shouldn’t act rowdy or selfish in front of him okay.”

Kara looks at Josephine.
She doesn’t mind being lectured but King is someone she knows pretty well.
But instead of refuting kara nods her head.
She just have to think that this woman is only concern about her to calm her nerves.

“King is really handsome. But don’t bother okay.” Josephine rubs her head.

Kara slaps her hand.
“Im not that young and…..we are not close.” Kara pouts.
She is already treated like a small child by everyone. She wont let others do that too.
Josephine nods.
“Sorry.”

“As long as you understand.” Kara nods too.

Awkward silence.

When they reach the 17th floor,Kara went straight to the office door but the Secretary hurriedly stops her.

“What are you doing? Can you please don’t try scaring me to death?!” The secretary shouted angrily.

Kara looks at her.
“King says I can come and go as I please.” She frowns.

“Do you little girl knows that there are people saying things for the sake of being polite? You can lose me my job!” the secretary grabs Kara’s arms tightly.

“OUCH! HOW DARE Y—”
“Stop that! You are hurting her!”
“Miss Josephine! Oh Im sorry. Do you know this brat?”
“Miss Dina should not hurt a child regarding the reason. Are you hurt little kid?”

Kara angrily nods while looking down.
She really is mad. And she just been called ‘little’ and ‘kid’ at the same breath!

“This child is very naughty! Im sorry that you’ve seen me so unsightly Miss Josephine but I don’t want to lose my job.” The secretary glares at Kara.

Kara stuck her tongue.

Josephine shakes her head.

“What keeping your job? Ill make you jobless today! You incompetent secretary.” Kara murmurs but it is enough for the secretary to hear.

“You! Why are you here? Who are you? Do you even have appointment?” the secretary glares.

“I told you King said I can come whenever I want!” Kara angrily said.
She has never felt so angry like this before.
Hello.
Your Boss has been massaging my shoulder just yesterday and you dare block my way?
I will still forgives you if you politely apologize to me now.