8 | Gifts & Christmas

[EDITED VERSION]

It was Christmas! 

All the Avengers and the Avenger's friends and family gathered around to give each other great presents while they all laughed and shared wonderful moments together. 

Bucky sat in the corner, watching everyone rip open presents and smack each other when they get prank ones. Steve had given him two presents already that day and for some reason, Tony had given him one, I guess it was an apology present. 

Sam had noticed Bucky sitting alone and got up and sat next to him and handed him a box "I - didn't know what you liked..." Sam said quietly, Bucky took the box shyly "open it...if you want, I'm not forcing you to–"

"Shut up," Bucky smiled as he opened the box. There was a message inside that said: 'You're beautiful. Love, Sam xxx (oh p.s: Merry Christmas)'. Bucky turned to him and blushed "that's adorable."

Sam shrugged and they stared at each other for a while. Their eyes went soft and their hearts were beating faster as they got closer, they kissed softly. Their lips meeting and everything went quiet, it was just them, they pull apart and smile at each other.

"Was that my present?" Bucky said as they put their foreheads together with linked hands.

"Sure," Sam said, "unless you want something else."

There was a moment of silence when they realised they didn't hear any of the other Avengers. They turn slowly and they notice the others staring at them. Wade stood up and started clapping "we love our gays," he said, smiling.

"Wade-" Peter said, pulling him down "-stop doing this every time something gay happens, you even did this before you said 'I do' on our wedding day!" Wade sat down and rested his head on Peter's shoulder, Bucky and Sam looked to the ground in embarrassment and the other Avengers just smiled. Then, they started clapping. 

Bucky and Sam were so confused on why they started clapping but it happened. They stopped clapping and started asking them questions, "we just kissed, we're not dating." Bucky said to them. The day continued as they played in the snow, having a huge snowball fight.

They split up into a few small teams, hiding themselves behind walls, trees or walls of snow. Bucky and Sam paired up together, "ready?" Sam asked Bucky, Bucky smiled.  "Ready," he replied, all teams came into the centre, firing at each other with snowballs, screaming and laughing. 

They ended the day by the fire, drinking hot chocolate. Sam pulled Bucky to a separate room, "now we're all alone."

"Yeah?" Bucky said "and?"

"Merry Christmas," Sam mumbled, cupping his face and kissing him.

a/n: idk