27 | Plane Trip

a/n: IDK if it's going to be funny or not but anyway...Fluff!

Warning: Swearing, long chapter

Natasha, Steve, Sam and Bucky decided to go on a little trip. Bucky was nervous for the metal detector, as he either had to: 

A) rip off his arm and put it in a tray or 

B) go through security in order for his arm to pass through. They sat in the car, Sam and Bucky in the back with Nat and Steve at the front. "Boys no fighting!" Natasha said to them after the luggage was in the boot. 

Sam rolled his eyes, they sat on either side of the car. "Okay, fine," Sam mumbled under his breath. Sam and Bucky locked eyes and turned the other way. The car started and there was a faint sound of the radio as they drove along the traffic-filled roads.

"Hey, James?" Natasha asked from her seat, turning to look at him. "Yeah?" Bucky responds, a little nervous, of what she was going to say. Although he did remember her, it was awkward for him to interact with people he interacted or met in the past. "Do you and Sam have pet names?" Natasha asked with a smile.

"No?" Bucky replied, confused. Pet names? We don't even like each other! 

"Alright," Natasha said, she paused and she said, "so if you're not a winner you're a...?"

"Loser?" Bucky replied. "Sup, dipshit," Sam smiled at him. Bucky buried himself into the car door handle and blushed red, "don't like to me ever again!" Natasha cried. Sam and Bucky did have nicknames or 'pet names' like calling each other mean things. Steve found it cute.

They arrived at the airport, Bucky was incredibly nervous as it was his turn for the detector. He walked through and of course, there was a beep, he groaned, pulling up his sleeve to show the guard his metal arm. 

The guard looked at him, confused. "He needs that arm," Sam said to the guard defensively "so don't rip it out." he threatened. Bucky laughed at Sam's overprotectiveness towards him, even if they are 'friends'. As they were finding their gate, Sam and Bucky were arguing as they passed souvenir shops.

"Jamie do you need a Disney Princess  colouring book for your entertainment?" Sam teased him, picking one up from the shelf as they waited for Natasha to come out of the bathroom. Bucky rolled his eyes, folding his arms he decided to play along, too. He picked up a stuffed bird and threw it at him, that caught Steve's attention. Steve raised his eyebrows, sighing.

"You two–" Steve said to them but they cut him off.

"I think that's your cousin," Bucky said, pointing to the stuffed bird on the floor. Sam stuck his tongue out. Natasha came out of the bathroom, Steve and Nat looked at each other and shook their heads. They're like children. 

"Guys we can't waste time–" Steve said as he picked up his luggage but was interrupted again. Sam picked up a toy dinosaur and waved it around in Bucky's face "look, Barnes, it's almost as old as you!" Sam stepped closer, Bucky knocked the toy our of his hands and folded his arms, he glared at him, Sam stood there with a smirk. Their eyes locked and for a moment there was a spark.

Natasha groaned, stepping between the two. "Alright, cut it out," she lectured "or else we're missing our flight!" The two of them stopped, not talking to each other as they found their gate.

They managed to get on the plane, coincidentally Sam and Bucky were sitting next to each other with Nat and Steve at the front. "Why can't I sit with Steve?" Bucky whined. "Because the boarding passes say so," Natasha told him matter-of-factly. "We have allocated seats if you need anything you know where to find us."