71 | Nice, Isn't It? Pt. 3

A/N: Thanks to @mkheir for this idea!

"Shh!" Bucky snickered as Sam held him under the covers. "What?" Sam laughed. It has been around a month after their camping trip, Sam's mum confessed that she had a dream that him and Bucky were kissing. At least they didn't find out yet. 

They decided that they were going to be boyfriends, it was a nice change for once. They made each other very happy, very satisfied. Keeping it a secret was the hardest part. They really wanted to tell their parents but it would be too much for the both of them. It would be too much for Mrs Wilson. "What?" Sam teased again "am I tickling you?" Sam was holding him by the waist gently as they tried to go to bed. 

"S-Sam!" Bucky giggled wrestlessly, lightly removing Sam's hand from his waist. Bucky turned to meet Sam's face. "Hi," Bucky laughed. Sam pecked his lips as they talk about their recent trip, and school. The amount of homework they had – dear gosh, when will it stop? "You're cute," Bucky said, srunching up his nose, making Sam smile. 

"I know," Sam said, doing some dramatic pose. Bucky laughed, he had a bit of trouble being asleep sometimes...but only when Sam is there, he's okay. He's happier with Sam, much more organised and open. Sam had invited him to go to his piano recital next week, when Sam would be leaving and going back home. 

They've wanted to tell their parents about their relationship – well they couldn't yet. Sam got out a piece of music from his bag, lying next to Bucky and reading the notes. "How hard is reading music?" Bucky asked him, Sam shook his head "no that hard if you've been learning for a few years..." he replied. Another day passed, they were sitting at the table, eating their food quietly. 

It's almost time for Sam to leave, he already started packing. They got each other's numbers and promised to contact each other. Bucky helped him pack, they took plently of photos with each other. Although, tonight would be a rough night for both of them. 

"Give me a goodnight kiss," Sam teased him in the kitchen when their parents were upstairs. Bucky rolled his eyes, his gloves are soapy from the dishes and smelled like flowers. "Fine," Bucky laughed, leaning in and kissing him deeply. Sam wrapped his hand around his waist, Bucky removed his gloves, setting them down and wrapping his arms around Sam's neck. 

Their parents came downstairs and fell silent. They broke apart at the sound of their footsteps. "Sam?" his mother's voice cracked. Bucky held Sam's hand as he felt the fear eating him alive. "Mum," Sam said, letting go of Bucky's hand "I can explain." he tells her. His mother shook her head and ran into the living room crying. Sam's head lowered and he turned to Bucky. Bucky's parents stared at them in awe.

Bucky bit his lip, and turned to them. "Dad...Mum..." he spoke, they stepped forward and sighed. "Bucky, we don't judge." Natasha said finally. "It's just a bit hard to digest." Steve nods in agreement, walking over to Mrs Wilson who was crying about how she didn't raise her son like this. Sam sighed, running a hand through his hair and started crying. Bucky looked over and stared at him, holding his hand. "It's going to be okay," Bucky told him, hugging his boyfriend tightly.

ONE WEEK LATER

They walked into the theatre, Bucky waiting to see Sam play on the piano. Its been a week since the incident and Sam's mother got over it and accepted her son. They were still allowed to date and their father would be coming back in a month, which was good. The curtains rised and there he was. Bucky smiled, his dark skin against the spotlight as his fingers moved along the keys. The sweet melody was reminding Sam of their relationship: strong, soft and calming.

Sam smiled, knowing that Bucky is in the audience. Bucky hadn't felt more at peace before with music. It was a few minutes before the song ended strongly, the ringing feeling of love lingered in Bucky's body. His parents smiled knowingly, that look of desire, that look of feeling proud of your partner. That look of love. Sam smiles as the red curtains go down, after an hour of other pianists, Bucky visited him backstage. He wrapped Sam in a tight hug.

"You were great!" Bucky cried, stars glimmering in his eyes. Sam laughed, stroking Bucky's hair softly, planting a quick kiss. "Thank you," Sam laughed, holding his hand. Bucky looked down to their hands, he finally had a friend. A lover. Someone that cares about him. "It's nice, isn't it?" Bucky smiled at him, Sam smiling back. "What is?" Sam asked.

"This...all of this. I'm so proud of you."

Sam smiled wider "me too."

a/n: Thanks for 25k!!