46 | Coffee Shop AU

A/N: The artwork is beautiful, omg appreciation to the artist

Bucky has been working at Starkbucks for a few weeks now and he came across this one person one day, that fascinated him. He was beautiful. It was on a Saturday morning where this man in a light pink sweater came up to the counter. Bucky's hair was in a some-what neat bun and his uniform neat and tidy. Bucky caught his eye immediently, those warm brown eyes and the familar feeling of butterflies in his stomach. The soft dark skin that entranced him. 

"Hi," the man greeted once he reached the counter "can I get a..." The man's eyes dart across the menu, his hand resting on his chin for a thinking position. This person took Bucky's breath away, his hands were shaking slightly. He doesn't know why. "Can I get a latte, please?" he asked. Bucky nodded, "n-name?" he stutters out whilst punching in the number order in the cash register. "Sam," the man smiles. Bucky nods and tells him to wait at a table. 

Bucky watches from his positon as he starts making another customer's order, stealing a few glances here and there. Steve notices and smiles, walking up to him and greeting him. "Morning," Steve smiled.

"Hey," Bucky replied as he gave the customer the order. Bucky looked over to the tucked-away booth Sam was in, the sunlight hitting on Sam's side, casting a shadow. The wood of the table is visible and he could see his features better now. His hair, his eyes. Everything about him was amazing. "Buck," Steve whispered "why do you keep staring in that direction?" 

His face went red and looked down, "nothing," he said to his friend as he made Sam's order. He had to make sure it was perfect. Am I in love? Bucky thought to himself as he poured the drink into the container, getting a sharpie from the pen holder and writing out 'Sam' in big, bold letters. 

"S-Sam!" he called weakly from the pick-up zone. "Sam!" he calls out again, Sam lifts up his head, Sam gets up from his table. It was in a few seconds but it felt like an hour to Bucky. The way he walked, the way his chest moved – everything was perfect about Sam.

"Thanks," Sam said, collecting his drink with a smile. Bucky smiles back, "your welcome." Sam sits back down and starts drinking. Bucky let out a heavy sigh, maybe it was a breath he was holding in those few moments. Steve walked up to him and poked him, he turned to look Steve in the eye. "What?" Bucky smiled, folding his arms.

"I know that look," Steve said, with a smile, whilst re-filling the coffee beans. Bucky followed him and started doing the dishes in the back room. "What look?" Bucky asked him. Steve laughed and shook his head. "That's your love look, Bucky!" Steve smiled. Bucky turned red again and focused on cleaning the dishes. "I'm not in love," Bucky grumbled back, his blonde-haired friend laughed and began walking out of the back room and taking other orders.

"I think you are," Natasha said suddenly, making Bucky jump. "When did you get here, Nat?" Bucky asked, shocked. Natasha smiled, her red-hair braided back with streaks of blonde in it, she was a creative and intelligent woman who always knew what was up with her friends. She and Bucky began walking out to clean tables with the spray and wipes in hand. "I got here at 9.00," she explains whilst walking out of the counter.

"Nine?" Bucky says in shock, "I got here earlier! How come I didn't notice you?"

"Maybe you were too busy staring at Sam," Natasha teased. Bucky smacked her playfully and sprayed the table. Natasha grinned, "I have an idea," she whispers to him "why don't you clean the table opposite Sam?" Bucky shook his head immediently and wiped down the messy surface. "No," he said bitterly "I almost ran out of breath near him, being that close to him I'll be dead straight away." Natasha laughs at how terrified Bucky is to talk to his crush.

☕️

Soon, Bucky watched Sam leave the store and he started missing him already. 

Luckily for him, Sam would come next week and the week after that. It came a daily routine and eventually, Sam invited Bucky to his table after his break. "So, you come here often?" Bucky asks shyly. Sam nods, "I mean, ever since two weeks ago, yeah. I come here." Bucky smiled, "why?" he asks. 

Sam smiled and looked Bucky in the eye. This time Sam was wearing a blue shirt and jeans, good as always. Bucky had tied up his hair, wondering if he would be bothered to cut it one day. "Because you make me want to come here," Sam smiled sweetly, making Bucky's heart melt.  "I-I do?" Bucky asks him. Sam nods and they lock eyes. "You do," Sam smiles, cupping Bucky's face and pulling him in for a kiss. Once their lips met, there was no other feeling to describe it. It was magical, sensational - amazing... Bucky kissed back and wrapped his arms around Sam's neck.

They parted and smiled at each other, "I love you, Sam," Bucky blurts. Sam laughs and smiles "I love you, too but first can I get your number?"

"Order or mobile?" Bucky joked, he laughs and they go in for another kiss.

A/N: Thanks for reading!