36 | Sparring Session

Sam turns and pins Bucky to the ground, they're alone and training together. Bucky pants and he locks eyes with Sam, Bucky grunts, trying to push Sam off him. "Sam," Bucky whines, trying to push him off. Sam and Bucky's eyes meet again, Bucky stared deeply into them. Oh no, I like Sam.  Bucky realised and hid his blush. Sam laughs and finally gets off him. "Round two tomorrow," Sam smiled. Bucky smiled back, melting as Sam's smile radiates off him.

"Sure, but I'll beat you," Bucky told him, taking a sip of his water as they walk out of the gym. They have been nice to each other, became more like friends than anything. Steve was glad he didn't have to babysit them anymore. 

Lunch came around and Natasha sat with them, Steve had gone to talk with Thor about something and Tony was in his lab with Bruce. "So, how was the sparring session?" Natasha asked as she dug into her sandwich.  

Sam smiled, making Bucky smile and admire him more, "I won!" Sam exclaimed, pumping his. fist into the air.  Bucky laughs and playfully pushes him "but I'm beating you tomorrow," Bucky told him, making Nat go 'oooh'. 

Sam rolled his eyes playfully as he continued eating. Steve called him over, Bucky's eyes followed Sam as he talked to Steve. He looks so handsome. Natasha noticed and smiled at him. "Oooh," Natasha teased, poking Bucky. Bucky turned to her, "what?" he asked.

"You like Sam!" Natasha laughed, Bucky blushed. "S-Shut up," he stuttered, trying to steer the conversation elsewhere. Natasha smiled at him "that's really cute," she said as Bucky looked down in embarrassment, trying to hide his face. "How long have you known?" Natasha asked him. "Just figured it out today," Bucky whispered to her. Natasha nodded and continued eating. Sam came back to the table and Bucky went quiet. Sam is a good person. 

"Steve told me a secret," Sam told them, Bucky and Nat paid attention now. "He told me to tell you guys that it's a pretty big secret and he trusts us to deal with it." Bucky and Natasha nod, waiting for the big secret. Why couldn't Steve tell us himself? Bucky thought. "He told me that he sort of has a crush on someone in the group. He didn't tell me who." Sam explained.

"Probably Tony," Natasha said, sipping her drink. Bucky raised his eyebrows, "why, Tony?" he asked, confused. "Because,"  Natasha smiled, "Tumblr says so."

• • •

Sam threw another punch, Bucky blocked it, throwing a kick at Sam which knocked him to the ground. Sam groaned, getting up as the kept on fighting. They lock eyes, making Bucky lose focus, Sam punched him in the stomach, Bucky got up and did that headlock thing with the legs and pinned him down. Natasha taught him that move. "I win," Bucky grinned, almost out of breath, sweat dripping from his forehead. He panted as he didn't lose grip of Sam underneath him. Sam smiled "okay, you win."

Bucky got off of Sam and helped him up. Sam smiled and they locked eyes, he stepped closer to Bucky and cupped his face. "You look so pretty," Sam mumbled, making Bucky blush. "Thank you?" Bucky replied. 

Sam laughed as they walked out of the gym once more. Natasha walked past them and gave Bucky a smile. Bucky smiled back. Sam loved it when he smiled, he hated seeing the sad Bucky Barnes. Those raw, real smiles that made him feel fuzzy inside. They locked eyes again, this time it was different. They froze in their tracks, Bucky turned to him. "You really think I'm pretty?" Bucky asks, blushing a little.

Sam smiles at him "of course, Bucky," Sam's eyes soften, staring intensely and Bucky "you're beautiful." Bucky looks down to the ground, laughs and looks up to see Sam's eyes. Sam steps closer, holding him around the waist and kissing him. He kissed back. Fireworks exploded, it was magic.

Bucky pulled apart, smiling softly "how about we have our own private sparring session in your room?" Bucky said cheekily, Sam smiled back and nodded. 

a/n: Thanks for reading!