31 | Train Ride

a/n: Thanks for over 8K on this book!

They were travelling to NYC by train to commit tribute to Steve and also to check up on Nick Fury and whatever new missions he's going to give them. There was a small rumble of the wheels against the rails as the sun poured into their small section of the train. 

Sam rested his head on Bucky's shoulder and began scrolling through his phone. They heard children laughing and more passengers coming in and out throughout the trip. "Sammy," Bucky pouts after 45 minutes of travel, "when are we going to get there?" Sam looked up from his phone and removed his head from Bucky's shoulder "dunno, check."

Bucky looked at the moving screen on the train, he groaned "ten more stops!" he whined, holding onto Sam's arm and burying his face in his shoulder. Sam smiled softly and stroked his hair. Cap's shield was next to them and their luggage in front. 

Bucky didn't really like travelling but kept this whiney part of himself locked up. Sam doesn't mind travelling but as long as the trip is comfortable and easy to handle. "You're so cute," Sam laughed, kissing his forehead. Bucky smiled and got closer to Sam. Ever since the snap incident, they had both gotten closer to each other. There was some mutual respect before but now it had grown into a deeper love. 

Either way, they enjoyed the train ride. "Bucky," Sam said, "do you want any snacks?" he pulled out his bag and began unzipping the pocket. "Yes!" Bucky cried, grabbing Sam's bag instantly for snacks, pulling out a pack of oreos, ripping it apart and eating it instantly. Sam laughed at the humorous behaviour Bucky was displaying.

"Hon, don't eat so fast you'll be sick," Sam warned, gently taking the packet away from him. Bucky pouted, leaning over so he could reach it. "But I'm hungry!" Bucky cried, Sam held it up so he couldn't reach the packet. 

Sam leaned into his face and smiled. "I know," Sam said, meeting their lips together, Sam slipped the packet into his bag as Bucky sat up, deepening the kiss. Bucky broke the kiss and broke out into a grin. "You're an idiot," Bucky laughed, as he lied his head on Sam's lap, extending his legs onto the seat. 

Sam laughed, joining their hands together, "you're my idiot," Sam told him sweetly. They were at the second-last station until they reach NYC. They eventually arrived, waking Sam up from his nap. "Wake up love," Bucky said, pecking his cheek "we have to go now."

Sam awoke, wrapping his arm around him groggily as hey stepped out of the train, Sam holding the shield and Bucky pulling along the luggage. They eventually arrived at Fury's secret headquarters, ready to discuss the next mission.

a/n: Thanks for reading!