37 | Frozen

A/N: Agency AU

Warning: Angst, swearing

There was a slow ticking sound before the bomb exploded. He walked out of the shadows, the dust and smoke slowly clearing the grounds, he satisfied with his work and drew out his swords, walking towards his next victim. The boy was shaking, clutching onto his mother to wake up, the tall figure stalked towards him. 

He stopped in his tracks, his hood masking his face before a swift move of his sword, the boy fell to the ground. He put down his hood, pressing onto the earpiece and smiling. "Mission complete," he told it, sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Well, done, Revolutioner," replied Will on the other end "come back home, you need. a recharge."

• • •

"What do you mean Bucky's missing?!" Sam cried over the phone "he was on a mission. two days ago, Nat - how could you lose him?" Ever since Sam had joined Octopus Agency, he had worked hard to protect his friends. Particularly Bucky. Compared to other secret agencies, they don't unlike the rouge company called Seahorse. 

There were dark rumours about their greatest agent, The Revolutioner, who had killed around 4million people in their lifetime. They couldn't risk any of them meeting The Revolutioner, he was too strong and powerful for them. "Don't worry," Natasha replied, "I'll find him, I promise."

Octopus Agency had been tracking down Seahorse for years, trying to discover their sick, twisted ways of raising their allies and agents. Their recent discovery was horrible, they(Seahorse) would kidnap children and animals to experiment with them. 

It was Agent Coulson who had lost his life for that information, one of Seahorse's agents had shot him. Sam gritted his teeth after Natasha hung up the phone, Seahorse was a sick twisted lie and if they got their hands on Bucky, on his Bucky then there would be serious consequences.

He began suiting up, wanting to go after them himself. "Sam," Steve told him "Bucky will be fine." Sam turned to Steve with worried eyes. "I can't let this one slide, Steve," Sam explained, grabbing a gun "Bucky's the love of my life and I need to get him back." Steve sighed and patted Sam on the back. "Sam, good luck," Steve said before Sam got onto the motorbike and drove away.

• • •

Bucky groaned, getting to his feet as Natasha helped him up. Red, fresh blood was dripping from the side of his head. "Sam's gonna kill me," Natasha mumbled as they stumbled their way into the car. Gunfire continued, the Revolutioner attacked Bucky but they escaped. Sam had pulled up, finding them hiding behind the car. Sam joined them, "Bucky, are you okay?" Sam asked Bucky looked surprised to see Sam here.

"What are you doing here?" Bucky groaned, clutching his side in pain. There was screaming and fires were set. "To come and save your lives!" Sam argued, loading his gun and getting ready for an attack. "You do realise that the Revolutioner could come here anytime," Natasha said to them. 

The car that covered them rolled and toppled over, they turned around, standing and ready for battle. There he was, the Revolutioner in his black cloak, the hood covering his face and blood dripping from his sword. He lifted up his gun towards them and walked to them in a steady pace.

Sam pulled out his gun and pointed it at the mysterious man. The Revolutioner didn't take any second chances and shot Bucky right in the chest, Sam screamed, everything went dark, Natasha ran up to the Revolutioner and kicked him, making him fall down. The hood fell from his face, showing the olive-skinned man with dark hair and brown eyes. He groaned, getting himself up and pointing the gun at Natasha, she grabbed a car door and pinned down the killer. 

"You bitch," he hissed, struggling to get up as Redwing flew in and trapped the Revolutioner. Bucky laid there, lifeless with blood oozing from his chest. Sam swallowed back tears and turned to the man, pointing his gun at him angrily "who are you!?" Sam cried, shaking. 

The Revolutioner smiled and laughed. His eyes flickering white, "I'm Darren." he told them "and I'm just doing my job," he explained, his voice hoarse. "I'm just doing what they tell me to do." Natasha groaned, kicking him in the face, Darren managed to get up and push Natasha off him, the car door flying elsewhere. Natasha tased him, Darren fell to the ground. They brought him back to HQ, trying to find more answers.

Sam screamed, he wanted to find Darren and kill him, destroy him like how he destroyed Bucky. He stood there, frozen and consumed with rage. Steve hugged him, "Sam," Steve told him "I'm sorry." Sam's chest clenched whilst seeing Bucky's dead body lying on the lab table. He couldn't save him. Darren was in chains, but he could easily break out of them in a matter of seconds.

"We need you to answer some questions," Steve said sternly. Darren's head hung low and he chuckled. "The work has been done," he smiled "and I understand you're angry but..." he looked up to them, his body quickly fading away. They were shocked, stunned. They searched for many hours. The Revolutioner was nowhere to be found. Sam punched the wall and cried, tears falling from his face and his knuckles turning pale. He's going to find that son of a bitch.

a/n: Thanks for reading! Next one will be fluffy!