63 | Agents Part 2

Warning: Swearing

They did a whole day of investigating, they went back to the HQ, Sam was typing away the info to send to Director Fury. He sipped his coffee and pressed the SEND button. He heard footsteps, he looked up to see Agent B with a folder in his arms. "Agent S," he said, putting the folder on his desk "they've found more evidence." Bucky explained to him, Sam looked at the folder and opened it. So many locations and dead bodies, blood and... 

"I was meaning to ask, who is Agent R?" Bucky asked Sam quietly, Sam went silent. "I mean, if its too personal its okay but Agent T was talking about this 'Agent R' to me when he was giving me a tour earlier–" Sam looked up at him with anger showing lightly through his eyes. "I don't know any Agent R," Sam snapped slightly. 

"Okay," Bucky said, brushing it off but was still curious to why Sam got sensitive about it. He was going to do research anyway, he met with Agent T who was talking to Agent S(Agent Steve), "Agent B!" Tony cried, greeting Bucky warmly. "This is Agent S," Tony introduced him, Bucky and Steve shook hands. 

"I think you should take your shot," Tony told Steve with a smile "it's your chance to become more occupied, just ask them out."

"Right, my shot," Steve said, sighing.

•Flashback•

"You matter to me!" Riley cried, holding onto Sam's arm "please don't go!" Sam turned to his best friend and gave a solitary look. "It's a mission we must face, Riley," Sam told his best friend, the wind howling as they stood on the plane. It all happened at once, just in a few moments, Riley was falling. Sam was trying to save his suit but he came crashing down, a puddle of blood on the floor...Agent R was gone.

• • 

"Do you know how to shoot a gun?" Sam spat at Bucky as they were hiding behind a building. "I missed!" Bucky cried back, they continued running amongst the street, just a few days ago they broke out in a fight. 

Sam pushed him against the brick wall, crinkling his black suit with his tightly gripped hands and locking his eyes with Bucky. Sam was angry, his was panting heavily, it was dead midnight and the streets were dark and quiet. 

"We have to save the fucking world and you decide to ask stupid questions about MY life?!" Sam growled at him, Bucky's eyes soften in a sad way and he stared into Sam's brown eyes, almost heartbroken.

"I'm sorry," Bucky mumbled, Sam let loose of his grip and sighed, looking down to the floor. "No, I'm sorry. I...just reacted...it was a sensitive subject," Sam told him, feeling ashamed once he looked into Bucky's hurt eyes. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked in the first place." Bucky admitted, fixing up his suit. He locked eyes with Sam again, also breathing heavily. "Yeah, you're right. We need to save the world." Bucky said, getting his gun and they looked at each other and smiled.

"Ready?"

"Yeah," Bucky smiles, the go out into battle once more.

Here they are, better as partners and in fact, they were better because of it.

A/N: Thanks for reading!