16 | Pets

A/N: Bucky has a Falcon, Sam has a white doggo. Sam and Bucky are roommates(but also soulmates and beautiful boyfriends).

His bird tweeted and fluttered around the house, following Bucky as he went down the stairs, the white dog named Strawberry greeted him with a bark "hey, bud!" Bucky smiled and ruffled up his soft white fur. His pet bird Skittles tweeted happily and landed on his large cage. Sam smiled "hey, Jamie," Sam greeted his boyfriend, kissing him on the cheek.

"Morning," Bucky replied with a smile as he fed the pets. They sat at the table, eating their breakfast as the pets ate theirs. Sam smiled across the table "mood for a run?" he asked, poking the bacon with his fork. "Sure," Bucky smiled back "but we have to walk Strawberry." Sam nodded, they started to get ready. 

Bucky got dressed in a hoodie and track pants, Sam put on a shirt and jeans. They said their goodbye to Skittles and went for their walk, they held hands as they walked, talking about upcoming plans and jokes. "You're very handsome," Sam comments, Bucky laughs "okay, sure," he rolled his eyes. 

"I mean it, Buck," Sam said, looking into his eyes as they stopped and sat on a bench. "You're very nice this morning for some reason..." Bucky mumbled with a smile. They continued going through the streets, passing other strangers and shops. 

After a few hours of hanging out, eating and whatnot - Sam fixed up his suit as they got ready to go to the restaurant for tonight's dinner. They had Peter Parker and Wade Wilson look after their pets, they weren't 100% sure about Wade taking care of their pets but they had no other choice. "Don't kill anything, Wade!" Sam joked as they walked to their car.

"I won't!" Wade cried back "promise!" he closed the door and off they went. The restaurant was very formal and nicer than anything else they've been to. They sat down at their table and ordered food.

"Why tonight?" Bucky asked out of the blue.  "Why not?" Sam smiled, sticking out his tongue at him, "I'm just wondering..." he said, shrugging. Sam was nervous, his hands were fiddling and all he could think about was the small box in his pocket. Their food arrived and as they ate they laughed and talked about the Avengers and whatnot. After finishing their meals, the plates were cleared and waiting for dessert. 

"Bucky..." Sam said, putting his hand in his pocket, walking towards him and got down on one knee, "I know we've known each other for a while but," he pulled out the box and opened it, showing a sparkling ring "I love you...so much and I would love for us to spend our lives together. So, will you marry me?"  Bucky smiled and leapt into his arms.

"Yes!" he cried, giving a shaky laugh and hugging Sam again, they stood there, holding each other. Bucky kissed his lips quickly and rested his head on his chest. 

...

They arrived back home holding hands, they opened the door and saw Peter tackling Wade. The pets were fine but their friends weren't. "WADE YOU ALMOST KILLED THEM!" Peter cried, pinning him down.

"I KNOCKED OVER ONE THING–"

"Hello?" Bucky said to them, they parted and looked up.

"Hey, guys!" Wade said, pushing Peter off and getting up, Peter doing the same. "What happened?" Sam asked, folding his arms as Bucky locked the door. Their pets greeted them home happily. They were safe, but the state of the house was awful.

"Note to self," Bucky said as Wade and Peter left "don't hire Wade as a pet sitter," Sam laughed and wrapped his arms around him and they went to bed.

a/n: thanks for reading!