30 | Wingmen for Steve

a/n: Includes Stony!

Warning: Swearing

Steve was a bit rusty on dating, so Sam and Bucky decided to help him. Steve had got all dressed up in a suit. He put in an earpiece so he can make sure the thing goes smoothly with Tony. It was at a restaurant, of course, Steve was a gentleman, so he planned it all out. Although, that date didn't go that well... 

"He's gone to the bathroom, what should I say when he comes back?" he whispers. It was going well, so far but Bucky and Sam were holding back their urge to fight each other but they couldn't ruin it for Steve. 

So far Steve had done things on his own like compliments and manners(which he already does 99.9% of the time) which got good reactions from Tony, Steve wasn't much of a flirter but Tony was and he was doing his best. He followed Sam and Bucky's instructions on ordering and asking simple questions.

Sam and Bucky stared at each other, they were in Steve's apartment, hearing it all in the same room. "Uhhh," Bucky said, "don't say anything, but ask general questions once Stark starts eating." Sam groaned, "that's horrible advice!" Bucky glared at him. "Oh, really, Wilson? Got any better ideas?" Bucky said back. 

"Guys..." Steve sighed "please don't fight, you know what maybe I should relax. Maybe I don't need you guys–"

"Excuse your ass," Sam said sternly "we're experts!" he cried, folding his arms dramatically. "How would you two be experts?" Steve replied from the other side. There was a pause, "guys shut up, he's back." there was silence but then they could hear the polite conversation and the usage of cutlery.

"So," Tony began "who's paying? I'm the billionaire after all–"

"I'll pay," Steve said quickly. Bucky and Sam looked at each other, then to the TV screen, which was blank but acted like they were seeing the moment. Steve struggled for words after Tony had complimented him, "compliment back!" Sam cried, hurting Steve's ear.

"Tell him he's pretty!" Bucky suggested to him. "Tony would want better words like 'sexy' or 'beautiful'!" Sam argued back. "Steve already called him beautiful!" Bucky said to Sam angrily, slapping him. Sam slapped back. 

Steve coughed, noting for them to shut up. They stopped fighting, for now. Steve had now paid and it was time for their walk. Sam and Bucky listened closely. It was mostly silence. "Say something!" Bucky encouraged. Steve bit his lip and turned to Tony, "did you enjoy the food?" he asked awkwardly. "Yeah," Tony replied. 

Sam bit his lip and laid back on the couch, "this isn't going anywhere!" he shouted, annoyed about how slow this slow-burn his going. Steve's earpiece rung in his ear, hurting him slightly but struggled to keep the pain locked up. He tapped on his ear as he and Tony continued walking. "Hold his hand!" Bucky told him softly, covering up Sam's mouth and microphone. They heard small shuffling and silence. They assumed Steve and Tony held hands.

Sam shoved Bucky off the lounge, Bucky groaned in pain and tackled Sam back. All Steve could hear was the punching and kicking. "LET ME HAVE A TURN!" Sam cried.

"YOU PUSHED ME OFF THE LOUNGE!" Bucky cried back, the two crashed into the table and continued fighting. Steve pulled out his phone "hang on a sec," Steve told Tony. He texted Bucky, the discreet way of trying to make them stop.

Steve: Stop, please!!!

He didn't get a reply and he had no other choice, the anger boiled in him and he let out a deep breath. "Something wrong?" Tony asked him, Bucky and Sam noticed this and realised what they were doing. They stopped and went quiet. "Y-yeah," Steve sighed "Sam and Bucky are just fighting. Again."

"Well, they're idiots," Tony replied. Tony laughed and smiled at him. Steve smiled back and said, "yeah they kind of are." Steve chuckled, ignoring the fact that Sam and Bucky were on the other end. "EXCUSE ME WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL US?" Bucky cried, offended "we are not IDIOTS!" he cried, jumping to his feet as Sam pushed a chair off him. Sam scoffed as he helped himself up.  Bucky cried so loud that Tony could hear them. Tony laughed and he turned to Steve.

"Are Bucky and Sam on the other end?"

Bucky and Sam stopped for a moment, Steve nodded, taking out his earpiece. Tony grinned and he spoke into the earpiece "you little shits," Tony said with a grin, his mouth close tot he earpiece. Sam and Bucky gasped dramatically, "HOW DARE YOU!" they both cried.

"I think you guys should leave Steve alone," Tony told them, Steve stood there, hiding his laughter. Bucky pouts, "did we ruin your date."

"Kind of," Tony said, shrugging "I could hear you two screaming, poor Steve was trying to hide it."

***

After that mess, Bucky and Sam had realised they work well together and eventually developed feelings for each other. They decided to go on their first date and of course, they were both nervous and wanted help. Steve sighed, he had already had several dates with Tony and wanted to help them but he can't to them both. So, Nat covered in for Sam's wingman(or wing-woman). They both ended up not following their advice and did their own thing.

"You guys aren't even listening to our advice–" Natasha started.

"Shh," Sam said, as him, and Bucky go, in for another kiss "you're ruining the moment."

"Punk," Bucky mumbled to Steve as him, and Sam enjoy the moment.

a/n: Thanks for reading, more coming tomorrow/soon!