9 | Swallow Your Fears and Open Your Eyes

Warning: Angst, Death

He watches slowly as he watches him fall, jumping off and catching him in his arms, blood on Bucky's lips and soot covered his body, his body is limp as they landed on the ground. Laying out his unconscious body on the floor. 

"Don't leave me, Buck," Sam swallowed "hold on - please - Buck," he sobbed holding him in his body, slowly placing his hand on the stab wound. Bucky slowly opened his eyes and gave a faint smile.

"Sam," he coughed, he noticed the tears in Sam's eyes and he cupped his face "sweetheart," he wiped away his tears "it's okay, Sammy." Sam started crying again from seeing Bucky's injured body. "Don't leave me, Buck."

"I'm not going anywhere," Bucky sat himself up and placed himself in Sam's arms "because I'll always love you, I'll always be there for you and I'll always be yours." he looked Sam in the eye and cups his face again, leaning in to kiss him softly. Bucky had a tear streaming down his face and his body suddenly went weak.

"Shh, I got you," he said softly as Bucky's eyes started fall Bucky smiled, Sam held him tighter, Bucky gripping on Sam's arm with fear glinting in his eyes. He gripped onto him tighter, "I'm scared," Bucky sighed, his eyes widening and realising what will come next.

"It's okay, love," he whispered as Bucky hit the floor "I got you."

"I know," Bucky looks at him with teary eyes that are filled with pain but with love at the same time. He paused and looked up at Sam with a weak smile "I love you."

"Love you too," With that, Bucky fell limp, taking his last breath with Sam crying over his dead body. He grabbed Bucky's hand and held it as he waited for the others to arrive. "Thank you," he whispered into Bucky's chest "thank you."

a/n: sorry, i just wanted to write something sad