19 | Terrible Flirting?

warning: cringey puns/flirting/pickup lines

It's been years since Bucky had flirted with anyone. So, frankly, he was quite terrible at it. He's been testing it on Sam(his crush) and it's just never the right time. Last time it ended badly, he complimented on Sam's shirt, saying that it was boyfriend material but he didn't notice Sam's air-pods. 

He couldn't try again on the spot, what was the point? Last week he ran out of the house in a panic because he thought he messed up, running over gardens and fences, then came back in a few hours to try again. He almost gave up. "Hey, Sam," he said with butterflies in his stomach as they sat on the lounge.

"Yeah, Jamie?"

Jamie. Gosh, how that nickname made him crumble beneath him instantly. How it made Sam's features stand out more. More boldly, more lovely than ever. "Can I tell you something?" Bucky asked Sam nodded - "do you have a sunburn or are you always this hot?" Bucky mentally cringed after he said that, in fact, he cringed in real life. Sam laughed, he had always known about the flirting Bucky was throwing at him, he just wanted to see if it was a joke or if he really liked him or not. 

"I like your pants," Sam said, wanting to join in on this game.

"Thanks," Bucky replied as if nothing happened just before "they were 30% off, Steve helped me pay for it," Bucky just replied like it was a general question.

"Well, I'd like it to be 100% off," Sam said with a smile making Bucky blush and look to the ground, Sam stepped closer to him. They were alone in the living room, just them. Sam smiled at him "you're cute when you blush," Sam said to him, making Bucky turn a darker shade of pink.

"D-Do you like me?" Bucky asked nerviously. Sam just smiled and nodded, Bucky's breath hitched before Sam pressed their lips together. It was sweet, a long-awaited moment for both of them. They parted for air and broke out in laughter, going in for another kiss.

"If you were homework, I'd do you all night," Sam whispered to him with a smile.

"Well I can be if you want me to be," Bucky said to him with a cheeky look. They kiss again but this time, more deeply and passionately. Bucky wrapped his arms around Sam's neck and pulled them closer together. Steve had walked in the room and he stopped in his tracks. He watched and ate his chips as he watched his two best friends make-out on the lounge.

They parted and Sam noticed Steve first, looking up at him, Bucky looked in his direction to see Steve. "We can explain–" Bucky began but Steve cut him off.

"It's fine." Steve shrugged "I know," he walked out of the room, all the way to Tony's lab and screaming that Sam and Bucky are together and that he owes him $40 bucks.

a/n: sorry its short!