54 | Football Fields

A/N: Thanks to @ItsAmericasAss for the prompt!

Bucky had fell in love on the football field. Call it a Rome-Juliet sitatution, Sam was on the other school's team, Mighty Birds. Bucky had to play for his team, White Wolves. They caught each other's eyes as they ran for the ball. Get it in the posts. 6 points... He ran faster and dived for the ball. The boy that caught his eye was wearing number 19, dark hair and skin. Someone got the ball off him. "Focus Bucky," Steve, the Captain hissed at him as they ran for the ball.

I am focusing. Bucky thought to himself, the number 19 boy from the Birds came up to him an smiled. 

"What are you doing?" Bucky asked him "you're supposed to be playing."

"So are you," the boy teased, he eventually broke out into the most wonderful smile Bucky has ever seen, "I'm Sam." he introduces. "Bucky." he replied, shaking hands with him, their teammates didn't notice what was going on. "You're a very handsome man," Sam smiled, making Bucky blush slightly. 

"We gotta play the game," Bucky began, running. Sam followed him. "Hey, why don't we talk?" Sam asked, grabbing Bucky's hand. They lock eyes for a solid moment, the spark of love was in the air. A tension thumped in their hearts as they realise – before the ball flew over Bucky's head and he chased after it. 

Sam was chasing after Bucky, not the ball. Bucky had slipped the ball and Sam had blocked him from running across the field. "I want to get to know you more," Sam spluttered. "You have very innapropiate timing, Sam," Bucky told him with a smile. "Want to...fake an injury together?" Sam asked, Bucky sighed, facepalming. 

"After the game, we can meet." Bucky says sternly. They met after the game and shook hands. Sam asked him out, of course Bucky said yes, even though Bucky thought he was annoying, he still dated Sam anyway. They began dating for a few weeks and became closer with one another. One night Bucky factimed Sam, wrapped in his blankets on a cold evening.

"Sammy," Bucky pouted, watching Sam fiddle with his phone, seeing the shelves behind him and he closed his door. "Hi Bucky," Sam smiled at his boyfriend "what do you need?" Bucky pouts even more and whines more, "Sammmy," Bucky said, curling up in blankets. Sam smiled, he was like a puppy. "You're adorable, what is it?" Sam smiled. Bucky drags his hands across his face and groaned, "when can you come over, Sammy?" he asked.

Sam smiles, "I'm not sure–"  he starts getting out his calendar to check for upcoming events. "But I miss you," Bucky pouts, Sam turns lightly pink. "Me too," he replies, blowing Bucky a kiss. Bucky laughs and sits up on his bedframe. "I should go to bed," Bucky says, yawning. "Night night darling," Sam smiles as Bucky hung up the phone. Sam smiles to himself, he's lucky that he met Bucky on the football fields.

A/N: Thanks for reading! What do you want to read next? Comment or message me!