48 | Avenger Assumptions

A/N: Thanks to @qwerhjkfgvbnm for the help

Warning: Swearing, slight smut

Everyone on the team thought Sam and Steve were dating, they were completely fine with it. The thing was, they didn't know Sam and Bucky were dating, here is how it went. It was a fine afternoon where everyone just came back from a mission, they observed as Sam handed Steve some bandages(which wasn't surprising as they thought they were dating). 

"Thanks, Sam," Steve smiled at his friend as Sam sat down next to Bucky.  Natasha smiled, sipped her water and sat next to Steve. "So, you and Sam?" Natasha smiled. "What?" Steve asked "what do you mean? We're friends." Natasha shook her head with a cheeky smile, "I don't think so," Natasha smiled. 

He lifted his eyebrows in confusion, he scratched his head and laughed, "uh? Best friends?" Steve said. Natasha and Steve looked over to Sam, Bucky laughed and lightly pushed Sam away. Next week, the Avengers walked in the living room to see Steve being all domestic and romantic with Sharon. 

They stare, gasp and they run to Sam's room, they open the door to find Bucky tugging on Sam's shirt as they kiss passionately. "What the fuck," Tony gasped "did Sam and Steve break up?" Sam broke the kiss, "we and Steve never dated," he deadpanned, slamming the door and continue kissing Bucky roughly. Bucky whimpered softly, bringing Sam closer to the bed, it was getting heated and Sam gripped Bucky's hair as his boyfriend trailed kisses on his neck.

---

"Wait, so you and Sam aren't dating?" Tony asked Steve as he cleaned up the dishes. "No," Steve replied "why did you guys think that?" Tony shrugged, "you and Sam seemed so domestic–"

"He's dating Bucky," Steve explained. Tony sighed, turning red "yeah-we saw..." Steve laughed, "yeah, they're horny little bastards." Tony raised his eyebrows. "Language," Tony smiled, pouring himself a glass of alcohol. Steve rolled his eyes playfully, once Sam abd Bucky came down for dinner, bits of their hair was messy and there was a small amrk showing on eithr side of their necks.

"I didn't expect to see...Sam and Bucky as an item," Clint declared "I mean, we all though Sam and Steve were a couple but Sam and Bucky? Didn't you two you know, attack each other?" Bucky sighed, "yeah when I was Hydra's marketing product," Bucky joked as they took their place at the table. Sometimes the Avengers make the wrong assumptions.

---

Sam and Bucky started doing more domestic-like things like buying each other flowers or cudding on the lounge together. Sam and Bucky laid on the bed one night, snuggling in each other's chests. Bucky mumbled something in Sam's chest, Sam looked down, "mhmm?" he said, Bucky lifted up his head. 

"When are we going to be out again?" Bucky asked him, holding him tightly by the waist.

"Of the closet?"

"No, silly. When can we go on a date?" Bucky asked, Sam smiled and stroked his hair. "We can go tonight." 

Bucky's eyes lit up. "Really?" Sam nods, "really." he started getting out of bed and going through their closet, "come on handsome, it's date night." Sam teased, tossing Bucky a suit.

A/N: Thanks for reading!