76 | Go

A/N: Based off the song Run Away by Ben Platt

Warning: Angst

"Go," Sam told him softly, holding their bodies "go, run." he said. Their children looked at them with worried eyes. It was chaos, the war was getting worse and Sam and Bucky had to let go of their children. "Where?" says Masiey, the youngest. Bucky kneeled down on the ground with teary eyes "just go somewhere safe, follow Aunty Nat," he told her. 

His throat was clogged and he started crying as he held his children's hands, Sam and Bucky gave their children a last hug before they hopped into the van with Natasha. "DAAD! DAD!" their children cried, banging on the door, trying to reach their fathers. 

The van was driving off with Natasha looking after them. "We have to go," Sam said, dragging him towards the battlezone. Bucky stood frozen, wondering why this was happening. "Bucky..."

"Why did we let them go?" he said, his voiced choked up "why did we let this happen?" he said as tears streamed down their face. Sam wrapped his arms around him, holding him for a moment. "Because," he said "it was the safest option." Bucky sniffed and hugged him tighter. "Let's go fight for them." 

He nodded and they started packing to go fight. Their chests ached, it was so hard to let them go. The gunfire and explosions went off as they battled against the evil, they had to do it for their children. It hurt to think about them in the bases.How scared they must be, how all their 3 lovely children are doing – it hurt too much to process it. The next morning, they held hands as they walked onto the burnt battlefield, it was almost over. Just a bit more travelling. 

The backpacks weren't as heavy as the weight on their shoulders. Keep going. Be strong. The gunfire and screams came quicker than expected, they made most of their day covered in blood and wounds.  "Sam!" Bucky cried, running across to find him. Their team had almost made it through, Sam was hiding behind a rock, bleeding badly. "Sam," he said, kneeling down "I can carry you–"

"No, leave me." Sam told him with a small smile. "I'll be fine."

"I can't leave you. Leave no man behind, remember?" Bucky said, holding his hand. Sam shifted his postion gingerly. "You're not leaving me behind. You're just carrying our legacy. Just keep going." Sam said, placing a small kiss on his cheek. Bucky shook his head "I'm dying here with you." he said, setting down his backpack "I don't care if they find us missing. I want to make sure you're here with me." he reassured. Sam smiled, gripping his hand.

"You're a good man."

"I learnt from the best."

Sam groaned in pain and looked at Bucky with pained eyes "it's time for you to go."

"I'm not leaving you."

"Bucky...go," he said sternly. Bucky's eyes softened and whispered and 'I love you' into his ear before hugging him and walking forward, his chest aching even more. He trudged forward, trying to carry on.

a/n: Thanks for reading!