11 | Old Uniform

a/n: thanks for @SelenaTrenham for the idea! It took a while for me to write this.

"You're annoying," Sam mumbled across the table to Bucky. Banter and insults were their way of flirting. "You're more annoying," Bucky said, sticking out his tongue as he got another forkful of pasta. Sam sighed and grabbed the pepper and put it on his food, he looked up and smiled at his husband, Bucky looked back at him and smiled back.

"You're disgusting," Bucky teased with a smile, Sam laughed "you're like a rubbish bin."

Bucky rolled his eyes, "shut up," he said. "Make me," Sam smiled. Bucky looked into his eyes and put on a mischevious grin, leaning over the table and kissing him, pressing their lips together.

"Maybe you should do that one more often," Sam laughed, looking into his eyes. After dinner they watched a film and Bucky rested his head on his lap. "I'll be right back," Bucky smiled and went to his bedroom to get a picture frame Steve had found for him.

It was a picture of him back in the 40s, in his old army uniform, he walked back to the couch and showed Sam the picture of black and white, "wow" Sam said, getting a closer look "you still look the same," he laughed. 

"No shit," Bucky said, nudging Sam a little. The picture included Steve, who was smiling in the photo, it was them training during the war. "The uniform was brown," he told Sam "it had buttons and I wore a badge or two, I think but – I'm back to myself –" he looks up at Sam with eyes that grew and a smile on his face "but most importantly I have you." Sam smiles back from the sweet comment and looks back at the photo, knowing how much Bucky missed after the years after HYDRA.

Bucky still looked the same, but he was more of a damaged person, needing more of a growth and more self-discovery. He smiles at Bucky, thanking that they met and they needed each other. "Bucky, you were beautiful back then," Sam smiled.

"Were?  Darling, am I still NOT beautiful?"

"No," Sam smiled, "you're gorgeous." with that Sam kisses him sweetly.

a/n: sorry it's so short, ive been under pressure and stuff cuz i have so much writing.