55 | Pride Parade

A/N: Thank you to @percabethfourlife for the suggestion!

Warning: Swearing

As they were packing to go to the Pride Parade in NYC, Bucky searched the house for glitter, "babe!" he cries "where's the glitter?!" Sam looks up from the pride flags he was choosing. "What?" he called back. "THE GLITTER!" Bucky cried, rumbling around in their cupboards. Sam sighed, knowing that when Bucky panics, he panics. He gets up and walks towards where Bucky was standing. 

"Why do you care about the glitter so much?" Sam said, folding his arms. "It's fucking pride month, Sam!" Bucky hissed, finding the glitter and packing it in the bag. Sam chuckled quietly and they walked to the car. Once they got there, they got Pride flags for each of their friends. 

A bisexual one for Steve(and also one for Sam because they only have the rainbow flag), a lesbian one for Carol and Valkyire and just a lot of Pride merch. They didn't have any time to make signs but they had effort to carry a pride flag with them.

During the parade, they met a lot of young LGBTQ+ people, they met a lot of Captain America fans and they walked along the streets holding hands, it felt so great to be surrounded by so many LGBTQ+ people. "Back in my day," Bucky begins as they watch the parade, Sam snickers and Bucky looks at him.  

"What?" Bucky asked him. "Old man," Sam teased, sticking his tongue at him "bAck In My DaY–" Bucky stared at his boyfriend, slightly annoyed. "Sammy," Bucky whined "respect your elders!" 

Sam laughed and ruffled Bucky's hair a bit. "Sammy," Bucky pouts "don't fuck up my hair." Sam laughs and kisses his cheek. Sam and Bucky stood under the sunlight, lifted up their rainbow flag and kissed under it. It was chaste and sweet, "I love you," Bucky said, nuzzling his head on Sam's shoulder. "I love you, too," Sam smiled. They watched the floats and the marching of the LGBTQ+  people and the signs, they shared a smoothie and ran around in the park, tackling and playing tips. 

Natasha and Steve managed to arrive there, they got face paints of each of their flags. Bucky put glitter on Sam's face before they went, they enjoyed the music that came from the parade as they walked back to the car park. "That was great," Bucky said, kissing his boyfriend lightly.

"We should go again next year," Sam smiled. "We should," Bucky said "as I was saying earlier, back in my day, we were never allowed to be proud. But now, I'm so glad society changed." Sam smiled at him softly. "Me too." Sam cupped Bucky's face and they shared another beautiful, loving kiss.

A/N: I've never been to a Pride Parade before...I really want to, but I can't.