15. Cultivation Genius vs Heroine Halo (13)

He took the jade pendant from Sia's hand and said, "These are called life pendants. They serve the purpose of telling if their owner is death or alive.

Every single person in this dimension has one since birth.

Exchanging life pendants means giving each other a part of their life which is in simple way a marriage arrangement.

Since you had mine and I had yours we are engaged from birth."

Sia exclaimed, "What?"

He nodded and continued, "Lin Heng didn't run after Liam only for avenging himself but also his fiance whom he never knew."

Sia said, "Why would he do that and it wasn't mentioned in the story."

Mo Ting laughed and said, "Author didn't have that much time to explain the relation between a cannon fodder and villain. She/He was too occupied into the relationship progress between two leads."

A good mother author!

Sia looked at Mo Ting hesitated a bit but decided not to ask him about it........

He asked Sia, "How many mission you have left?" Sia was surprised by his question but answered, "Main mission and two side missions. What about you?"

He said, "Same. I have a mission connected to you." Sia looked at him and said, "Funny! I also have a mission connected to you!"

He asked, "Is it related to my ascending?" Sia nodded.

He said, "I can feel I will ascend within a year. So stay with me for a year." Sia thought it was good deal and it will make easy for her to finish her mission.

Though she didn't know what is his mission related to her was but she decided to trust him. Distrustfulness won't get her anywhere anyway. Beside there is something fimilar about him. She needs to find out.

She extended my hand and said, "Deal." He smirked and shook hands with her, "Deal." Somewhat she got a bad premonition from his smirk.

Why did it look like a hunter looking at his most treasured prey with delight? Must be her illusion.

*Timeskip- A year later*

A girl in white robe was standing in middle of a waterfall. Water splashed down from her head to shoulder to her toe.

Her whole being was in a state of meditation. Suddenly from no where thousands of ice dagger slashed towards her.

The girl in deep meditation opened her beautiful purple eyes immediately. She coldly looked at the daggers and chanted, 'Fire Meteor Shower' A large numbers of fire balls fell from the sky and melted the ice daggers.

Suddenly a sound of loud clapping could be heard....