169. Act of Reality (2)

Sia messaged her forehead after finishing going through all the documents. Then she called her assistant.

A well dressed man entered the office. Sia's lip twitched seeing the man.

Her assistant, Finn Roberts is a weird man. He is not handsome but the way he dresses up, people cannot ignore him. 

If you can put him in a book, he can definitely be the ordinary looking mysterious CEO male lead.

Sia's eyes hurts seeing this sparkling man, but she cannot even tell him to stop. 

Blame him for being good at his work, otherwise she wouldn't hire him.

Finn asked, "What can I do for you, Ms.Wright?"

Sia slowly laid back a little on her chair and said, "I need you to investigate something. But before that...."

Sia rang her office's bell and a lawyer immediately entered. Finn narrowed his eyes seeing the lawyer but he didn't question.

The lawyer gave him a document and left. Finn looked at the document. A confidential contract.

Sia smiled, "You have to sign that contract first then get the work."

Finn asked, "Will I be paid extra?" Sia rolled her eyes but said, "Yeah!"

He didn't delay and immediately signed the contract.

Those extra are not something to take lightly. Sia softly laughed then said, "I want you to investigate what happened to the Layne couple, also investigate the relationship between my fiance and my dear sister."

Finn was shocked. Damn these rich family has so much drama. But he kept his face straight and nodded.

When he was about to leave the room, sudden Sia said, "If you find any clue of Layne couple, after informing me, erase it!" 

Finn looked at Sia for a while then left.

Sia stood up. Ah finally time to meet her parents, she missed them so much!

Sia slowly cleaned up her table and  immediately took her car key, left the office.

When she entered home, she saw her parents fighting.

Mom, "You old thing, how dare you to eat sweets?"

Dad, "I only ate a little, why are you being so fierce to me?"

Mom, "Wait, let me book a ward for you. Have diabetes and dared to eat sweet! Why don't you go to heaven?"

Sia's lips twitched, Familiar people, Fimiliar routine, yep she is definitely back.

Sia tried to hide her excitement. She didn't want to let her parents know about her abnormalities.

She slowly walked over to her mom and asked, "What's wrong?"

Mom gritted her teeth and said, "Prepare a funeral, your old man will hand up soon." Then with a snort she left.

Sia helplessly looked at her dad and asked, "Why do you provoke her?"

Dad grievously said, "I only ate a little sweet!"

Sia sighed and said, "Coax mom. I will take a bath and come to eat dinner."

Dad softy hummed and went to coax his wife.

Sia climbed the stairs and was about to enter her room that she heard an affectionate voice, "Sia, you are back?"

Sia smirked, "Yes, I am back!"

Mary felt that Sia's words were a little wrong but she couldn't catch where it was wrong.

She still played her role as a good sister and said, "Go, take a bath then come and have dinner!"

Sia nodded and entered her room.

Mary looked at the closed door and felt uncomfortable. Something seems to be off but she couldn't pinpoint what is wrong!