2.

The Wei clan

WHEN he stared at the mirror one afternoon to admire the beauty on it, trying to flirt with the beauty, throwing the fact that the beauty on the mirror is himself at the back of his mind, he look exactly like in a crazy mental state as he asked a question and answered it himself, alternating between a melodic voice of a female and a manly voice of a male.

“Zhilan... Zhilan...”

Yan Gen muttered that name over and over again. He likes the sound of this girl's name. Having possessed this curvy body of hers for days now, of course he would know her name, Zhilan, surname Wei. Wei Zhilan, a jade like beauty.

Apparently, from what he heard from his pretty maids, she's the legitimate daughter of the Ministry of Revenue. Her pops must be super powerful and super rich to become the Ministry of Revenue. To get that high up position, one must relay on family connection or pure talent. Well, Yan Gen doubt that her dad is the latter, to use pure talent to get that position will take years to prove yourself and the current Minister of Revenue had obviously relied on their clan's power for he became the Minister of Revenue at such a young age of 21, and he's been holding that position for more than 20 years now.

The Wei clan has a very good grasp of power, when they're almost losing their political power due to an intense cold war with the other powerful clans. They used a young girl to regain their former glory. Yes, a young girl was all it takes to ascend to the high up heavens again. That young girl is no ordinary girl. Have you ever heard of the phrase “A beauty that can topple cities and empire”? Scholars said that the first time seeing her, this will be the first phrase that will come up in your mind.

A calamitous beauty to be precise. Fifteen years ago, this Zhilan's father was actually going to be fired out of his position because of the corruption issues revealed by the Minister of investigations, which turns out to be his mortal enemy. Yan Gen doesn't know if the ‘corruption’ issues was true or just made up to bring the Wei clan down.

Because of the grievous situation they're in, the Wei clan gathered for a meeting. Hearing suggestions and whatnot from one another, the only thing they could think of as the most effective solution to all this was not to lay down or offer a truce to the other powerful clans, now that they have made so many enemies from left to right after offending some high-up officials by the other clan members due to their arrogance, offering a truce from those clans means lowering their heads to them and that will only shame the whole Wei clan.

They're also a century old noble clan and they took pride in that. How could they lower their heads to them when they're not the sovereign of this Empire?

The Wei clan is known because of many high-ranking officials carrying the surname of Wei. However, the Weis are more known to have beautiful female members.

Forty years ago, the previous emperor's most favored consort is also a Wei. Although the Wei clan is already powerful enough to push themselves in court, their political power flourished because of the woman they send in the inner court. That explains why there are so many high-ranking officials with the surname Wei, the late emperor must have favored Consort Wei too much. Now that their supporter was long gone, the clan started faltering, they were demoted and the old high ranking officials from Wei clan were replaced by those scholars who topped the Imperial examination, and the previous offenses that they've committed are now pointing at them.

In order to regain their former glory in court, they have once again decided to use the so called ‘Honey trap’ to appease the emperor and get back their foothold in court, and that is Minister Wei's younger sister. Another Consort Wei was send in the Emperor's inner court to repeat the history.