7.

Hand in marriage.

  ✿

ACCORDING to Yan Gen's pretty maid, he missed the fifth prince 18th birthday in the palace. He didn't read this event in the novel's forum so he has no idea about it until now. Zhu Mingli learned of Zhilan's accident a month ago and has been visiting him ever since.

The most shocking thing is that he offered a proposal. Zhu Mingli asked for Zhilan's hand in marriage! Isn't this fifth prince moving too fast? Did he fall to Zhilan's charm? That must be the case if Zhu Mingli didn't met the female lead yet. Those two main characters met in the town's market but if the male lead is always here and haven't gone there, he might really fall to Zhilan, or maybe Yan Gen assumed wrong.

Come to think of it, the Wei clan is one of the most prominent clans in the empire. If an ambitious prince wants the dragon throne, having an alliance with the Wei clan through marriage will increased his power. If there is something that the Emperor's consorts are so thankful about, it is the sonless Consort Wei. She can only gave birth to a daughter, which is the youngest child of the emperor. This is probably one of the reasons why the emperor didn't named his successor, he's probably waiting for his beloved consort to give him a son.

If Consort Wei give birth to a son, there's no doubt that she will snatch the Phoenix crown and her son will become the crown prince. However, Consort Wei has a weak body and it's very hard for her to conceived again.

For this reason, the princes are at ease with the Wei. They probably thought of having an alliance with them. Moreover, the female members of the Weis are all stunning, especially Wei Zhilan who is recognized to be the most beautiful and most talented woman of the empire.

Although she's soon going to have her hairpin ceremony, she's still not engage to anyone. The reason for this is obvious. They're planning for Wei Zhilan to become the next empress. Deliberately making her attend to those special occasions in order to show her off, enticing the princes with her beauty and talent.

That's why even though the whole clan knew that she adored the fifth prince and insists on marrying him, they didn't agree.

The one who will win the throne is yet to be determined, how can they give Zhilan to the fifth prince who is the youngest son of the emperor? Her father is contemplating whether to engage Zhilan to the first or the second prince, those two factions are the one who prevailed in court. The fifth prince must be dreaming if he will agree to his marriage proposal. His daughter is only destined for the greatest things in the world, but this prince is hard to shake off.

Wei Tao is really grateful that his daughter couldn't remember him anymore, else they will be engaged by now if both of them insist on marrying each other. Thank the heavens!

Honestly, Yan Gen wouldn't refused the main character's advances to him if he's a girl. Who wouldn't want to steal the main lead from his own partner and change his tragic fate, right? It's so much fun, but if he did, that would be yaoi which is so disgusting to him.

It seems that confining himself in the Wei estate won't do him any good, the devil himself is here quite often. Yesterday when he told him to stay away from him because he doesn't like him anymore didn't have much effect. Why would the male lead listen to an antagonist like him?

If doing nothing still resulted to getting entangled with a main character then what's the need of suppressing himself from having his own fun? Of course he wants to have fun too. He doesn't like these girly lessons and yet for the sake of conveniences and giving face, he still went on learning it.

Horse riding, that's the thing that he wants to learn ever since he transmigrated into this ancient world of the novel. Yan Gen would be so cool if he learned how to ride like a shooting arrow. He wants to learn how to use weapons too, like sword and spear, how great it will be if he can swing weapons and kill his enemies like an expert.

Thankfully, Zhu Mingli became busy for some reason, he was summoned by the emperor to go to a far away place that was hit by a natural disaster. The emperor must have trust his abilities to give him a difficult task, he could have given it to the first prince or the second prince. They speculated that the emperor's youngest son is finally showing his fangs. Mayhap he will start competing with the two super power princes.

Zhu Mingli isn't a push over either. His mother is the noble consort, occupying one of the four highest seats in the harem, his maternal uncle is the Minister of Justice, and his maternal aunt is the wife of the emperor's younger brother, born from the same mother and he's quite favored by his ruler of a brother. Zhu Ming Li didn't fell short when it comes to backings.

But who cares about that? Yan Gen's sacrifice of not going out to have some fun was all in vain, he's just grateful that Zhu Mingli cease to bother him, or maybe it's just temporary. He hope that the fifth prince will stay there for as long as possible, being the male lead that he is, he's bound to go back to the capital so he won't disappoint himself of hoping that Mingli will never come back.

Surely, Zhu Mingli would have forgot about Zhilan by the time he comes back, right?

Wait, something's definitely not right. Why is the male lead already showing off his fangs? Granted that he will become the emperor in the novel. Nevertheless, he didn't want to compete with his brothers at first, ascending the throne never crossed his mind until his brothers started targeting him.

Zhu Deming, the first prince was a good second male lead at first but as time goes by, his patience finally snapped because of the female lead who unknowingly used him every time she's in trouble, she also ran to him when the male lead encountered a difficulty, already knowing that the first prince has feelings for her and had turned him down, she's still always asking for his help for a bullsh*t reason that they were still considered friends and friends helped each other.

Even though the second male lead did everything for Li Mei, she will never look at him that way because they're just friends. In short, Zhu Deming was friendzoned by Li Mei. What a pitiful guy.

Thus, he became a villain near the ending of the story. The male lead was murdered unsuccessfully but everyone thought him to be dead. Mingli nearly died and a kind old man helped him recover. Long story short, he built his own forces outside of the palace that is mostly made up of commoners.

The second male lead who became a villain turned into a tyrant ruler and drowned himself into a world of debauchery after being rejected by the female lead a multiple times, giving an opportunity to the male lead to lead a rebellion that became successful. Li Mei is also one of the main reason why it became successful for she's Mingli's informant from inside the palace. Zhilan has a part of this at the beginning too, she's the reason why the old emperor died and was replaced by the tyrant Deming who ruled shortly for half a year before following his father to the grave.

Zhu Deming forced Li Mei to enter the palace but he can't force himself into her, much less her heart that has only Mingli and no one else.

After the coup, the two main characters expectedly became rulers that were equal to each other. Be it as the emperor and empress or as husband and wife.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer