9.

Horse riding.

 ✿

READING it in the novel or some books of how a person learned how to ride a horse is way different in reality. Yan Gen is having a hard time to learn, he doesn't get it, why can't he learned how to ride a horse when he did all those things that he had read in the novels, reality is finally rubbing him off.

"It's because you're being so impatient, why not take your time?"

Wei Yuu told him, seeing Zhilan's face turned red from anger, she looks like she was about to spit fire at the horse, she's holding the reign too tightly, as if she wants to strangle the horse with it. Yan Gen send him a deathly glare.

"Take my time?! I've been at it for hours and yet I still can't let this bloody horse obey my command!"

The one who's trying to teach him can't hold it back anymore and laughed out loud at his face. Wei Yuu was right, he's being too impatient, it's not even a day and he's expecting to learn horse riding right away as soon as he rides on top of the horse. Yan Gen is just too arrogant for his own good. Always thinking that since he's a transmigrator, he should be able to do anything like an ace. Such high expectation will only leave him in disappointment.

"Stop laughing!"

Seeing that the other person was on the verge of collapse in anger, her teeth gritted as she continued to glare at him while still trying to control the horse who's trotting in the wrong direction, this scene is just so hilarious than a Comedy play on the street that Wei Yuu who always hides his emotions very well in public has a hard time holding in his laugher.

A surge of pity came into his heart when he saw how Zhilan struggled, biting her lower lip, her eyes turned glassy and could drop a tear at any moment, he sighed and stopped making fun of this pitiful and arrogant creature. Wei Yuu walked to his direction, snatching the reign from his hands and pulling him down effortlessly.

Wei Yuu holds in his breath when Zhilan landed in front of him, she's way too close, almost hugging him even. No--wait, she's already hugging him at this moment, her slender arms are around his waist and when she looked up at him with that wronged expression, he froze on the spot, unable to think properly as he stared down at her.

He had actually pulled Yan Gen down from the top of the horse without any warning and thus he grabbed him in fear of kissing the ground. Wei Yuu got a hold of himself when a sudden force blowed on his stomach, making him staggered a bit. This little cousin of him has actually punched him on the stomach. He has no idea that she can punch with such force, he rubbed his stomach and threw Yan Gen an incredulous look.

Why did she punched him? If this body he's possessing isn't frail, Yan Gen could have punched with much strength and leave him coughing up blood. He was so annoyed at him, it was his first time in this world that someone made fun of him when he's trying hard to appear cool, he lost his face even more when he pulled him down effortlessly.

This person has gone insane, Yan Gen thought when Wei Yuu who received a punch on the stomach, suddenly laugh out loud while rubbing his hurting stomach.

"Lan-er, why so violent?"

Yan Gen didn't speak much out of it and ignored him. Though he hated it when someone addressed him 'Lan-er' so intimately, much less a man, he can't do anything about it. He's Wei Zhilan now.

They have taken a break under the shade of a big tree after that tiring and infuriating activity. Only when Yan Gen lied on the grass and breathed in the scent of nature did he feel tired and relaxed. Wei Yuu brought him in this vast open field covered in grass, it's a perfect place for horse riding, a few tress are standing randomly in this place, serving as a resting place.

Yan Gen stared at the endless sky above him and unconsciously blurted out,

"If only I could travel the sky"

Hayst... he didn't accomplished anything from his past life aside from defeating the big boss and completing quests in a game. It would be great if he was an astronaut in his past life.

However, the person beside him mistook his intention as being sentimental.

"I want to travel the sky too, I wonder what's up there. Are gods and goddesses live there?"

Yan Gen bite his lower lip, he almost burst out in laugher. He closed his eyes and declined to comment, else he'll blow up his cover. Maybe Wei Yuu was only going with the flow of his childishness. He stared at Zhilan's serene face, her lashes are long and thick, he was startled when she suddenly opened her eyes. They stared at each other for a while and Wei Yuu who's been staring at her face this whole time with seeming unconsciousness said,

"You're so beautiful..."

Yan Gen blinked, not knowing where this sudden compliment came from. He shrugged it off and replied nonchalantly.

"I know..."

A smug reply like that was the least he expected. Wei Yuu let out a chuckle when Yan Gen added,

"I also feel amazed at myself whenever I looked at the mirror. A face like this can bring disasters in the empire"

It was his first time hearing a reply like that from a lady who got complimented, she could have said thank you or blushed and said nothing of it in embarrassment. He nodded in agreement, she's also right, a face like hers can bring disasters in the empire.

A day ended without Yan Gen learning how to ride a horse. The place they have gone to was a bit far from the Wei estate so they have to leave early. Going there will take half an hour with their fastest horse.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer