18

Personal feelings.

ORIGINALLY, Zhu Mingli just wanted to see Zhilan one last time without any malicious intent before he departs. He doesn't know why he keeps thinking of her, doesn't know why he feels unsettled and bothered when she said that she doesn't like him anymore so he should stay away from her.

Isn't it just a little bit of like because of her face? and yet that little bit of like is already escalating to obsession. He didn't rejected her right away at first because his mother is considering her as his princess consort. His mother said that she's suitable enough for him, as if Zhilan just barely passed her standard of a wife for his son with her beauty and talent.

However... she's a Wei, and that's why his mother is hesitating. It can't be denied that Zhilan earned the title of a stunning beauty of the capital, if not in the whole empire, her hairpin ceremony is only a few months away, it's no wonder that there are many young unmarried men from different noble clans who are offering a marriage proposal at the Li estate.

Though Zhilan is the most sough after young lady, there are no princes who dare to ask for her hand. Of course if anyone of the princes asked for her hand, the Wei clan will have to hand her, willing or not. They can't refuse a prince marriage proposal, but if there are two or more princes asking for her hand, they'll have to consider who to give Zhilan.

There are three reasons why none of the princes wanted to marry her. First, it will rise the suspicion of the emperor, a prince colluding to a powerful clan through marriage to increase his political power has became common. Second, the Wei clan is Consort Wei's maiden clan who has been monopolizing the emperor's affection in this past years, aside from their own consort mothers thought of this hateful woman as a thorn in their hearts, they were also contemplating if it's really them who will benefit in this marriage or the Wei clan to manipulate a prince that they will put on the throne. Third, there's a so called 'honey trap'.

For the past years, a Consort Wei has been above all concubines in the imperial harem, even the empress has to be courteous around her else she'll face the wrath of the emperor. Who can guarantee that the Weis will not grow arrogant? who knows when will they have an ambition of putting a Wei on the throne or perhaps they already have this ambition, they're only waiting for the right time to put it in action.

Zhu Mingli didn't see her for weeks and didn't received her gifts. For some reason, he feels frustrated that she stopped shamelessly showing her affection to him. When he got informed that she had an accident at the temple, resulting for her to forget some of her memories, his heart was partly joyful and partly worried.

She could fake her illness just to draw his attention. Aren't most female Weis like that? They all knew how to manipulate a man and Zhu Mingli has to admit that he has been manipulated by Zhilan the moment she stopped showing her affection to him and he willingly get manipulated.

This is why his mother warned him to be careful around Zhilan, look at him now, like a lovesick puppy who can't stopped thinking about her. He's completely under her mercy. Her One smile, one frown can easily effect his own mood.

The Wei clan said that he can't marry her because she's yet to have her hairpin ceremony. Not rejecting and also not accepting his proposal. Zhu Mingli is not a fool ... the Weis are ambitious. They're waiting for his first or second brother to offer a marriage proposal. Do they think that he's unworthy of Zhilan because he doesn't have much power and influence in hand?

This thought resulted him to talk to the emperor in private and asked for an opportunity to help in state affairs. The Emperor was glad, he was worried at first that this favorite son of his will easily be disposed if one of his elder sons ascend the throne. Even his mother was pleasantly surprise, he has expressed before that he doesn't want anything to do with the politics that is filled with bloodshed. He doesn't want to kill his own brothers. Zhu Mingli is praised to be intelligent but lacking in ambition.

Only now did he came to an understanding along with his feelings to Wei Zhilan. They're not a normal family, they're the Royal family! How can bloodshed be avoided? killing your brothers is the most natural thing to do if you want your throne to be secured. So what if he doesn't want anything to do with the politics? His brothers won't buy that excuse not to kill him.

In the past generation, what emperor didn't kill his own brothers? His imperial father did kill his own brothers too, an emperor who didn't will get threatened and became a puppet to them, or ended up being pushed out of his throne seat.

A helpless sigh escaped Zhu Mingli's lips. He has lost his mind, is he justifying his action because he doesn't want to admit that his personal feelings will go as far as to aim for the dragon throne? The Wei clan hold up to their reputation of raising femme fatales in the imperial court, Zhilan didn't disappoint them.

He buried his head at the crook of her neck, deeply inhaling her addicting sweet smell, he rained small kisses on her neck, biting her smooth white flesh as he quietly sucks. His hands rubbed her slim waist, slowly moving upwards, his head has gotten too hot to think properly. The body underneath him is only wearing a white thin robe to sleep so he can freely feel her soft body against him.

"Zhilan..."

Groaning her name that is low and thickly coated in desire, Zhu Mingli sounded like he's been tortured. Our Yan Gen was frightened to death. He keeps thinking of a solution to make him distance himself and thought of a corny line from a novel he had read. Well... it's better to try it out than do nothing, he's being pinned helplessly on his own bed, no match against the strength of a man.

"Zhu Mingli! I swear if you continue this barbaric act of yours I will never forgive you. I will hate you forever and... and... I won't see you ever again!"

Unexpectedly, Zhu Mingli stopped and slowly pulled away on top of his body while trying to control his heavy breathing. This corny lines still worked on male leads such as Zhu Mingli? Yan Gen was a bit stunned.

Female lead ah, this magical line of yours has been stealed by an antagonist like me. I wonder why it's effective when I used it on your hubby?

I'am in a hurry so I haven't proofread this yet, sorry if there's a lot of errors.

©Editer