41.

Summon

ON the second day of the Spring Festival, the members of the Wei clan prayed to their ancestors and the gods. It wasn't that eventful. On the third day however, Wei Furen visited her maternal house with her husband and daughter, which is the Ping.

Don't know if it was just him but Yan Gen can feel the pressure and tension during the banquet when the clan gathered in the estate. They won't make it obvious in front of those younger clan members like him, that doesn't mean that same goes for Wei Yuu. He's the heir of the Wei clan, maybe he knows a lot than he expected, he probably has spies on his own without the clan knowing.

He can't help himself from speculating that maybe, the Wei clan used the Spring Festival as a cover up to gather their own forces. But why would they gather up for? Did the Emperor got sick beyond saving? It's hard to get a leak of legit information or news from the palace, especially when it is related to the monarch. Or did something happen that involves the whole clan?

Wei Zhilan's parents talked a lot of things before they departed to the house of Ping. Yan Gen waited for a few hours for them in the morning. He tried getting an information from Wei Yuu, nevertheless he was tight-lipped about it, not saying anything to him and acting all ignorant.

When they get to the house of Ping, Wei Furen was planning to spend the night there. She said that it's been a long time since her last visit in her maternal home thus she wanted to stay a bit longer with her daughter. Yan Gen feels that it has an underlying meaning to it. He became suspicious of the Wei clan, especially Wei Zhilan's parents.

It was just a suspicion though, and nothing more. Even if he suspected them, so what? It's not like he's planning to interfere with their plans. He only wanted to save himself. It doesn't matter to him who they harmed. Hell, they can kill all the princes and he won't even flip a hair about it.

This crucial matter of the dragon throne however, involve him a lot. They have long been planning to use Wei Zhilan as a pawn for the dragon throne to raise the clan into power again. Perhaps they're also planning to put an Emperor on the dragon throne that has a Wei blood flowing in him. The Weis are really a group of vicious evil snakes.

When they're staying in the Ping house, in the middle of the night, Wei Tao, his father in this world, suddenly received a summon from the palace. To summon an official at this time of the day outside of working hours must be of great importance. Furthermore, it might not be too good.

Due to that, Yan Gen couldn't get a wink of sleep last night. His father is a sly old fox, what if he couldn't hold himself back and offended the Emperor, resulting to an extermination of the nine generations of their clan? He was really worried. There's a lot of things that changed in the plot because of his arrival. None of the following events couldn't be rightfully predicted by him. He might still die in this world in a different way. When that time comes, Yan Gen doesn't know where he'll be ended.

Thankfully, the following day, nothing seems out of place. It was as if that summon never happens. Wei Tao look relaxed, he actually came back intact after he had gone in the palace for a few hours. Yan Gen let out a heavy breath of relief after seeing his state. He's probably safe for now.

Early that morning, Wei Furen and him travelled back to the Wei main estate while Wei Tao head to the Imperial Palace again to attend to his official duties.

The following days were boring and repetitive for Yan Gen. He decided to play with his shu-born sibilings who are about 10 years old. On his long free time, he also organized his thought and planned for his future. If worst come to worst, he'll decided to marry Wei Yuu for good rather than marry a stranger, much less a prince.

Anyways, him and Wei Yuu are cousins, if they showed their clan how much they 'love' each other then perhaps they'll agree on bringing them together. Marriages inside the clan is also favorable. It will strengthen their bond and it is certain that there will be no feud because both of them came from the same clan, there will be no enemies, no animosity to each other. Bringing up a divorce into this marriage is also hard but it's not like him and Wei Yuu will divorce if ever they get married.

Yan Gen is certain that Wei Yuu will treat him right and will do him no wrong. He knows his character well, furthermore, he likes this grandpa. What is more joyful than marrying your own sweetheart?

Right now, Yan Gen is slowly accepting his fate of becoming a girl, even going as far as to think of marriage to a man. That is if worst come to worst for him.

What he's worried about the most is that if the clan already promised him to Zhu Mingli, the fifth prince. That will be terrible. He doesn't want to do anything with that self-centered male lead.

Days passed and Spring Festival was about to end. That means Lantern Festival is upon them, that marks the end of the New year end celebration. Yan Gen became excited again. There's no way that he's going to spend the last day of new year celebration cope up in the Wei estate.

Of course, he ought to go and venture outside yet again. His pretty maids have a stark contrast to his own excited mood. Knowing their lady well, they knew that she's planning to sneak out again. Presumably with Young Master Wei Yuu. This knowledge worried them to death. What if their lady won't be as lucky as before? Even if they beg her not to go, she'll still go if she wanted to.

Yan Gen's mood was quickly damp though, for when he send out an invitation letter to Wei Yuu, which is quite informal, one must say, with hard to recognize characters, he was rejected. He doesn't know the reason why Wei Yuu refused him so, and he became furious. Wasn't it him who started sneaking in his room? Going as far as to take him outside with him during the Spring Festival without his parents knowing. And now that he's inviting him himself, he refused?! He actually refused him? What kind of b*llshit is that?

Wei Yuu must be messing with him. Or is he trying to be hard to get? Fine then, if he won't go here, then Yan Gen will go to him. Let's see if he tried to refuse him then.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer