11.

Duty of a Wei.

ZHILAN'S good cousin never paid him a visit after that day, and so were his other male cousins. It took him a week to hear his reason from Baihe, he said that he's so busy now a days because he's handling some family business affairs. Yan Gen feels like his reason is partly true and partly false. He could told him personally his reason instead of passing it to his maid, it's not like he would throw a fit at him or something.

Maybe it was because he's too persistent, having a taste of freedom and fun outside, how could Yan Gen continued to stay in this boring estate and act diligently and responsibly out of boredom and guilt of possessing a body that isn't his. That cousin of his must have a hard time, knowing that the two of them can't hang out in that place anymore, Yan Gen pestered him to talk to whoever owns that land to let them play there for a few days more.

The owner of that place definitely knows Wei Yuu, his scary male servants even addressed Wei Yuu as Young Master Wei and Weis are powerful, they're only below the royal family, just one step behind. His cousin can easily seize that land if he wants, unless his opponent is a royalty himself. Base on those servants actions, the possibility of it is greater than he thought.

"Don't tell me that the one who owns that piece of land is a prince?!"

Voice turning a few points higher as he stared at him flabbergasted. Wei Yuu nodded his head and dropped another bomb to him by revealing a name.

"It's not just any other prince, it's that prince who lead the frontlines in war, Zhu Deming"

Silence lingered between them and Yan Gen's mind started to drift away, thinking of the not so detailed information he read in the first few chapters of Mischievous Consort and a few spoilers in the forum.

The first prince, Zhu Deming, he's not only a prince but a general too. Having two titles in his name, he has a lot of power in his hands out of all the Emperor's children.

Nevertheless, the emperor doesn't favored him much and he doesn't feel that proud to have a son that is too outstanding at this time around. He's still vigorous at the age of fifty and he wants to reign longer. Yan Gen figures that he wouldn't be sick in the future if the fifth prince didn't take actions. Yes, Zhu Deming is quite a threat to the throne with power and influence in hands, it is no wonder that the emperor grew weary of him.

Definitely can't mess with that person so Yan Gen dropped all the ideas of pestering his cousin about that piece of land, good thing that he didn't encounter that tyrant man.

From what he rememberd, Zhilan didn't have a direct confrontation with this second male lead, they don't have a single encounter! He only knew her from his servant's mouth, reporting to him that Wei Zhilan is deliberately causing trouble to our female lead, making Li Mei suffer in grievances and humiliation. This second male lead is too busy in wars and court affairs he doesn't have time to play along with the villainess himself.

Being an influential person that he is, he ordered some nobles close to him to teach the insolent lady a lesson. Fortunately, they aren't destined to meet today, that must be because Zhilan didn't met him in the novel too.

When Wei Yuu saw Zhilan's solemn expression, he felt at loss. This girl is too intoxicating, even intoxicating one's mood with her own.

"I'll see what I can do to convince him or we can look for another place to play. Didn't you say before that you want to learn how to use a weapon properly? I can teach you. You already learned horse riding so I guess it's time for another lesson"

Saying up to this to comfort his cousin and also his heart, he doesn't even know if their elders will agree or not. Perhaps he can find a way, one way or another. Zhilan's eyes glimmered in happiness and he sighed in relief. It worked.

Yan Gen couldn't sleep early that night. He's too excited about their next outing that he started posing on his bed, imitating the RPG game characters while holding a sword and swinging it in the air. He never touched a real sword in his past life, hopefully he could touch a real one this time and learn how to use it expertly in this lifetime.

Waaaaahhhh....!!! Yan Gen is so cool! he imagined a lot of girls fawning over him, he couldn't help himself from grinning like a Cheshire cat.

They said that too much happiness will bring sadness to you the next moment and that's exactly what happened to him. Wei Yuu ditched him and he didn't visit him in the following days.

That little bastard!

There are many men who can easily broke their promises such as his cousin. Definitely not him, he viewed himself as a loyal and honest person. Let us see if he's really telling the truth in the future.

Yan Gen doesn't know it but the truth is that Wei Yuu didn't purposely ditched him. The elders are the one who prohibited him from visiting Zhilan. Their guards reported to them that Zhilan already knew how to ride a horse, they're only spending time with each other outside. After hearing this, they became alarmed. Those two cousins became too close that it's worrying.

Both of them are at the age where their feelings might bloom like spring flowers. In a few months, Wei Yuu will attend the Imperial Exam and Zhilan will have her hairpin ceremony (Coming of age in ancient China for girls when they turned 15).

Their marriage prospects might effect each other because of how close they're getting and rumours are hard to suppress. The two of them should do their own duties. Wei Zhilan will marry a prince that will be crowned as an emperor and she as an empress, Wei Yuu should top the imperial examination and become a high ranking official to be the next head of the Wei clan.

So what do you think of Wei Yuu and Wei Zhilan?

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer