54.

Alluring Dancer

"WHY not raised your head a bit? You'll break your neck if you continued looking down as if you're going to kiss the ground" Wei Yuu told him in a soft voice and swiftly passed by him. The elders and the legitimate children of Wei in the capital came together in the palace.

Before they reached the gates of the Banquet hall, they have to get off the carriage and walked from there. The ancient era where they're living is not that conservative when it comes to the appearance of women, they don't bother wearing a veiled hat in special occasions or blocking their figure when they sit using a wooden paper screen. Except when they go outside of the capital in a place full of commoners, noble women are obliged to wear veiled hat.

Moreover, the hanfu they usually wear here for young maidens is ¹Qixiong Ruqun that has a waistband above the chest, thus the chest is exposed, even showing a bit of cleavage and that's what Yan Gen is wearing right now. Wei Zhilan's body is more curvy compared to the girls around her age, furthermore she has such gorgeous face among the masses. The more he lowered his head, the more he attracts attention, mostly from men. His chest is highlighted when he lowered his raven head, unbeknownst to him.

Looking down, he caught sight of Wei Yuu's silver patterned shoes. The beautiful youth is walking in front of him, blocking Yan Gen from the men's ravenous eyes. "You better stick close to me" there was an irritation in his voice. Yan Gen's eyes brighten at the idea, there is a willing meat shield to use, suppose something befell on him. "En" it was only a simple response yet Wei Yuu's irritation somehow disappeared. He looked back at his cousin and like a moving light white cloud, he smiled and praised him in a pleasant voice "Good girl"

All the Emperor's children are present, five sons and two daughters. They were all seated near the emperor. The status of a person here can be distinguished not only by their extravagant clothing. The nearer their seats to the emperor, the greater their status. Below the royal family are the ministers and their family. Men and women were mixed together in one place, unlike the previous dynasty where men seats on the the other side and women at the other. As long as they have close familial ties then there's no problem sitting together.

Wei Yuu sat at the right side of Yan Gen, much to his delight. He was about to tell him that so that he can blocked his beautiful figure from the prying eyes of the Imperial family. This way, the emperor wouldn't lay his old eyes on him.

He's also curious about the other three princes, they must be all good looking. The imperial family of this age is blessed with good genes, look at Zhu Deming and Zhu Mingli, the two princesses couldn't be fall behind, they're definitely beauties. Yan Gen contemplated whether to continue looking down or look at the beautiful young princesses for a while. A peek would be enough.

In the end Yan Gen continue lowering his eyes. Silently praying that his uncles or aunts wouldn't pull him out of his seat and push him to some other princes. If it was like in the past, Yan Gen wouldn't have such great endurance not to look at the beauties before him. He found out that his interest in women are lessening the longer he stayed in this female body and it frighten him that one day he'll find himself uninterested to the things he deemed interesting for a man.

He was so immersed in his thought he didn't notice the elegant and enchanting sound of zither accompanied with flute, nor did he notice the goddess like beauty dancing on the circular stage in front of them, it was until he heard Wei Yuu snickered "A man's downfall is a beauty. History will repeat it self, it seems" he muttered. Yan Gen immediately fixed his gaze on the stage.

His mouth slightly parted and his eyes widen in astonishment. Wei Yuu wasn't wrong, it really is a beauty. A beauty that can topple cities and empire. Yan Gen has never seen such a beautiful woman in his whole life, except for himself. It appears that in this world, there is a woman that can rival Wei Zhilan's beauty. Yan Gen swallowed a mouthful of saliva as he watched the alluring dancer danced elegantly yet provocatively at the same time.

Yan Gen covered his mouth from exclaiming when he suddenly remembered something. It was her! The beautiful woman wearing a veiled hat at the Xiang Hua brothel. This grandpa even groped her velvety derriere for goodness sake, such lucky hands I have!

It was also because of her that he was tossed in Zhu Deming's estate. If he wasn't mistaken, she's the infamous Qiu Yue of Xiang Hua that Luli mentioned to him.

Wait-- something is wrong here. Why is she dancing here? Didn't Zhu Deming bought her from the brothel to be his woman. Isn't she his concubine now?

Although concubines are regarded as play things of men compared to their main wives, they aren't allowed to show off their bodies and talent like this in front of many men, except for their husbands. Poetry and playing music instruments are the appropriate ones, dancing is absolutely out of the question. Unless...

His eyes automatically find Zhu Deming's dark bottomless eyes when he looked up at where the imperial family is seated. He slowly grinned at him, handsome and sinister. Yan Gen received a chill and he quickly avoided his eyes, focusing it back on Qiu Yue.

Not far from them, Second Prince Zhu Cheng observed them. His eyes squinted, full of mirth, a smirk was plastered on his lips. "Cunning bastard" he said in a low voice, there was a hint of drunkness in him, followed by his stifling laughter. He looked at their youngest Zhu Mingli, following his line of sight, he cursed again"Damn! Even Xiao Wu (Little five) wasn't spared"

Zhu Cheng's laughter became hard to stifle at his discovery, so he raised his cup a bit and a maid servant from the back poured him wine. "Qiu Yue of Xiang Hua and Zhilan of the Wei house, eh?" he took a swig from his cup, his long and slender fingers tapping on the vermilion lacquered table. He stared at Yan Gen in a trance, a scheme is already forming in his head.

¹

Qixiong Ruqun

There are many types of hanfu but this one is my favorite

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer