80.

Banished

THE following morning, only then did Zhu Mingli asked to see his son. He was busy rolling in the sheet with his wife the whole night he almost forgot about his own son. Yan Gen wanted to beat the shit out of him for it, however when he scolded him about it, he became even more clingy and said unreasonably that he missed him that much. It seems that he was throwing all the blame on him. How did it become his fault?

     “Wa-wait, I don't know how to hold a child” Mingli became flustered and tried to lean away but Yan Gen already put Xiao Jin in his arms “What if he breaks?” Yan Gen flicked his forehead “You're a dad now, you should know how to look after your child. You'll have to feed, clothe, and put him to sleep yourself”

     But his highness is a man and a prince at that. He doesn't need to do all of those things, that job is for the child's mother and if the mother herself can't properly take care of him then they can simply hire a nanny for the child. The servants thought at the side.

    Yan Gen momentarily forgot that they're in ancient era, not in a modern era where a man can also look after the child alternatively with his wife, sometimes, men were the one raising the children and looking after the house while his wife made money.

    For Yan Gen, even if it came to him later that this is the ancient era, he would still make Zhu Mingli learn how to take care of their child. In any case, Yan Gen was also a man. A parents who doesn't know how to take care of their children are no parents at all! He thought indignantly to justify his action. Who said that women are the only one who can raise children ah? This one is also a man but has to take care of his own children too. All gender are equal.

     “You have to hold him like this” Yan Gen motioned with his arms seeing Mingli's arms that are too stiff. Not long after, Jinhai started crying, feeling uncomfortable.

     Yan Gen immediately got the child from Zhu Mingli, the latter also has an awkward expression, not knowing what to do. Yan Gen slowly rocked him in his arms. Soon, the child stopped crying.

     “I seem unsuitable in taking care of him” said Zhu Mingli to which Yan Gen denied “It's your first time, of course you wouldn't know how to take care of him. You'll eventually learn how” he was just like him when he first held Xiao Jin.

     Zhu Mingli stared down at his son “En. Just as handsome as me” he nodded to himself, his wife refused to comment on his shamelessness. Clearly, his son is more handsome than him. He has such a handsome fath--mother after all.

     After Mingli stared at his pair of wife and son for a minute, a petty thought emerged in his mind. What if his wife love their son more than him? Wouldn't that be a problem?

     “Zhu Mingli...” he snapped out of it when his wife gently called him with her sweet voice “hmm...?” he moved to her side, his arms sneaking around her thin waist and he started kissing her neck.

     “Stop fooling around. Have you seriously thought about what I told you last night?” A sly grin crossed his face “There are so many things you told me last night, which one of it?” Yan Gen glared at him, if he wasn't holding Xiao Jin, he would have smacked him already.

     “Lan-er, you should have known already, you're above anything and anyone else for me. Of course, I will listen to you”