52.

Take a responsibility.

SOMETHING is wrong with this scene. Why does it look like a love triangle? It's like the meeting of the girl's ex-boyfriend and current boyfriend? Yan Gen look back and forth between them and took a step back, slowly he took a few step backs to escape without being noticed when the villain's cold and bone chilling voice sounded behind him.

“Zhilan of the Wei house. Aren't you being too rude?” Realizing that he's targeting him, Yan Gen swallowed, slowly going back to where he was originally standing, as if slowing down will delay his punishment.

How could he be stupid? It was indeed rude not to greet a royalty, as this is the ancient times, a slight mistake will result to an instant death but since he came from a noble clan, perhaps a few planks will do. It will still hurt though, considering Wei Zhilan's delicate body, a single strike will definitely knock her out.

“Zhilan of the Wei house greets his highness” he put his hands together at his side, lowering his head and knees. Wei Yuu and Zhu Deming were staring at each other just now, throwing daggers with their stare, he doesn't want to get involved in whatever political or personal fight they have so he retreated. Who knows that Zhu Deming will start targeting him? He's the cousin of Wei Yuu, a legitimate daughter of the Wei clan. It makes sense if he target him instead. These days, bullying a woman will provoke men who are either her relatives or lovers.

Even if Yan Gen apologized now, it's no use. Everyone knows how forgiving the royal family can be. As expected, Wei Yuu butt in “I apologize on behalf of my cousin. She's only an ignorant girl, easily flustered” His frosty eyes swept past Yan Gen and back at Wei Yuu “Wei Yuu, don't butt in here. This is between her and me”

Did he heard right? Zhu Deming talked to Wei Yuu informally, like an old friend, casually talking without minding their status. The ignorant Yan Gen looked at them incredulously. Could it be that Zhu Deming's partner in crime in the dark is Wei Yuu?

The Wei clan is yet to take a side in any of the princes factions, that's why he remained unengaged. Wei Yuu must be siding with him behind the clan's back.

Yan Gen understand that there's something going on between them but he didn't understand why the villain is dragging him in this mess. Ehem-- that sounds a bit ambiguous, anyhow, he's absolutely sure that he has nothing to do with this evil villain. “Your highness, this one is only a woman of the boudoir and haven't gotten the honor to meet his highness in the past”

A burst of laughter came out of him, nevertheless, it doesn't sound joyful, more like taunting, sending a shiver down on Yan Gen's spine “Indeed?” His lips tugged up in a ridicule. “This prince doesn't think that this is appropriate to talk about in the temple. If you don't come to accompany me alone however, this prince wouldn't mind saying it here”

Yan Gen doesn't know what he's talking about. Looking at his dangerous black eyes, he doesn't seems to be bluffing and although he didn't look at Wei Yuu, he can feel his piercing gaze, as if he will bore a hole on him. He will surely interrogate him after this.

What can he do aside from accompanying the villain in a walk at the back of the temple? They have descended the long stairs of the temple at the back, this one leads to a peach grove. It was a beautiful sight to behold, a very good place to walk around leisurely.

The two of them walk together, one tall and strong while the other is petite and delicate. It looks romantic but it wasn't at all romantic in Yan Gen's point of view.

This is a good place to commit murder. No one is insight, except for the villain's hidden guards. That cousin of his was suddenly called back by their third uncle when he's about to follow them. What a coincidence, right? Makes one wonder how many coincidence can a villain have.

Wei Yuu had whispered in his ears before he had gone on his way that he must told him every single word that the first prince will say to him, nothing should be missed.

Every single word? Is he telling me to memorize his words while we're talking. I don't have a recorder with me for goodness sake!

Zhu Mingli and Zhu Deming have some similarities, they like flaunting their royal status when they didn't get what they want, expecting the people around them to crawl before their feet. Perhaps their overbearing personality was inherited. They're the royal family after all, they stood above all others, growing up with the people around them bowing their heads. It makes him wonder if there was a kind or weak prince among them?

“This prince heard that you already have your hairpin ceremony a few weeks ago. Are you betrothed to someone already or do you have someone in mind?”

The latter part of his sentence was low, as if hesitant, Yan Gen barely heard it. He doesn't understand why was he asking him this? It's either he wanted to know which prince will dare marry the young miss Wei while the Emperor is cautious of them, or he wanted to marry Yan Gen himself to draw the Wei clan to his side. Openly showing the Emperor how his influence and power came to an alarming rate, a declaration of war against him to abdicate his throne to him.

Not knowing how to answer his question without triggering any of those things, Yan Gen thought of the safest answer for a minute, softly speaking “My marriage is not up for this one to decide” much like how he answered Zhu Mingli.

Zhu Deming looked at him sideways, a devilish grin on his face “This prince doesn't also have a betrothed but someone already took an advantage of me. How to deal with this, I wonder?” Yan Gen's face turned sour. When was it that a big villain like him would let someone took an advantage of him? He's the one taking advantage of people. Besides, he has a lot of women at his disposal, one booty call and they will all rush to his side. Doesn't have a betrothed but someone took advantage, what rubbish! He is no longer a virgin. The book depicted him as a tyrant man who had played with countless beauties. What rights does he have to say that?

“You don't believe me” it wasn't a question, it's a statement. Yan Gen maintened his courteous innocent smile. Neither arrogant nor fawning. “A bewitching drunk girl in a man's outfit threw herself at me in the middle of the night” What good fortune you have. Yan Gen keeps mum, the less he talk, the less mistakes he'll make. Zhu Deming glanced at him, those obsidian dark eyes contains him.

“This prince ought to punish her for her audacity, however she was gone the next morning.” He halted and handed Yan Gen a familiar perfume sachet. “It's good that I found her. Zhilan of the Wei house, won't you take a responsibility for your action?”

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer