35.

I just updated this chapter without proofreading it. So yeah, read at your own risk.

I finally found you.

Wei Yuu gripped his hand that was holding Yan Gen's moments ago, wanting to hold onto the remaining warmth that his satiny hand left. He looked around to look for his familiar figure but it was like looking for a needle in the midst of a haystack. "Lan-er...?" he sounded confused and afraid when he called Zhilan.

"Lan-er?!" He shouted his name this time. Desperate, he shouted his name again and again as he started dashing through the crowd, madly looking for him. Those people he rudely pushed around and bumped into cursed him many times under their breath, and when they're about to berate him, they will be faced with his back figure that was quickly disappearing among the crowd. Wei Yuu couldn't care less about them, his mind is too preoccupied with his cousin. His whole being is wholly dedicated to him at this moment, to see him, to hear his voice, to hold him, to smell the natural fragrant he emitted from his body, he wants nothing but to find him this instance. That brat. He'll definitely scold him once he found him. That is if he's lucky enough to find him.

Cold sweats formed on his back, there was a lump in his throat. His heart is beating furiously in anxiety. He was already looking for him for more than an hour now and have not seen a single trace of him. Nevertheless, he doesn't feel tired at all. He won't rest unless he find him. If he still didn't find him after half an hour, he'll have no choice but to call for the Wei clan's retainers to look for Yan Gen with him. Of course, he was the one most clear about the heavy punishment he'll receive if this made known.

Meanwhile, Yan Gen who was separated from him stood outside the shop where Wei Yuu buyed the veil hat he's wearing right now. The shop was a bit closer to the place where they've been standing a while ago when they spotted the dragon show dance.

It wasn't his intention to get separated by Wei Yuu, really. Yan Gen was too fascinated by the show that he forcefully take back his hand from his hold to clapped his hands in admiration. The show was at the center of the market way so there were many people going past there , in addition, the show attracted quiet a lot of attention so being pushed around at this crowded place is not uncommon. Although the street was wide, it was still jammed. Yan Gen was pushed around at the very back as many people walked past him, making him staggered backwards, he almost fell on his butt.

Yan Gen tried calling out Wei Yuu's name, and even reached his hand out to him but was pushed back by the crowd. Wei Yuu seems distracted by something. After that, Yan Gen tried walking up to him but to no avail. With his meager strength, it was impossible to get through the crowd. In just a blink of an eye, Wei Yuu was nowhere in sight.

Since it was impossible to search for him in this place, Yan Gen obediently stationed himself where Wei Yuu can easily spot him. However, Wei Yuu didn't go back to where they've been to. He searched ahead of the street.

Now watching this brightly lit place packed with people alone made Yan Gen a bit melancholic. Feeling lonely as he stood at the side of the street. Only when he's alone can he feel this way, his current situation was still slowly sinking into him. He died at such a young age and got transmigrated into this strange world as a girl. His life was controlled by others, has no rights to make a decisions of his own, has no one to lean on but himself. Yan Gen can already imagine how terrible his future days will be in this world. His past life was already comfortable enough and he didn't complain about anything. Why must he be in this situation?

A pair of mother and son walked past him, they were walking hand in hand. The mother looked down at her son who was looking everywhere, pointing here and there, a mild smile was plastered on her face.