63.

Admirable Endurance

AGAIN, Zhu Mingli caught the sharp hairpin in his hand when he's about to stab him with it. He got up while holding Yan Gen in his arms.

“Listen, Lan-er. I don't want to force you yet I also don't want someone else to be your husband. You should know by now your clan is hastening your marriage and you know the reason for it. The Wei clan is facing a great danger. They'll accept anyone from the royal family who's in power if one of them ask for your hand, so someone can step up for them. However, no one is willing to take the risk and serve as a stepping stone and shield for them. Your clan have committed countless offenses before. It will be a miracle if they got out of their current situation unscathed”

       “Are you saying that no one is willing to marry me beside you, despite my gorgeous face?”

       Taken aback by Yan Gen's words, Zhu Mingli stared at him for a while “That's not the main point”

       “Can't you see? I'm taking a risk for you” his eyes look earnest. Like a dog wagging his tail at him, it made Yan Gen's eyebrow twitched.

       Is he expecting me to thank him in gratitude and fall for  him because of that reason?

        “Are you expecting me to give myself to you then?” Yan Gen pushed him away. Backing away at the corner of the bed and tightly wrapping himself with the red blanket.

        There are color red everywhere, Yan Gen feels like his eyes stung because of them “Let me tell you. You won't have what you've been anticipating”

        Although he knew once they get married, it is inevitable for them to roll in bed, Yan Gen isn't ready to get in action yet. It's too early for him. Sure, he can't call himself a straight man with utmost confidence for many reasons aside from his biological gender, he became emotional, got a little bit self-conscious, less affected by women's tears and less attracted by them, no--it can be said that he no longer got attracted to them.

         However it doesn't mean that he'll willingly ‘do it’ with a man this fast. Zhu Mingli showed a melancholic smile, his eyes were overflowing with tender affection as he gazed at him “I won't if you don't want me to. I won't force you again” Yan Gen held doubt against his words. How many times did he lose control of himself when they're together alone?

         Probably sensing Yan Gen's expression of distrust, he moved away from the bed and sat at the chair near the window. The candle light created a shadow over his face. He look gloomy as if he was abandoned.

         Yan Gen gingerly lied on the bed, eying him from time to time. He didn't say anything after he declared that he won't touch him if he doesn't want him to, and Yan Gen keeps his mouth shut, not knowing what to say in this predicament. His eyelids became heavy, sleepiness is taking over his senses, though it was still early. He is really tired, didn't know a wedding preparation can be this stressful.

        Much to Yan Gen's surprise, Zhu Mingli really didn't touch him.

         When he wake up early in the morning, he first touched his body and his clothes are still intact, his lips isn't swollen, or have any traces of being kissed. The arrogant prince kept his word to him for the first time. Yan Gen felt relieved. Zhu Mingli's endurance level is something to be look up, not touching him for the whole night while he's asleep.

        Just when he's praising the honorable man who has such admirable endurance, he heard him groaning from the side room.

        Well... a man has to comfort himself or he'll suffer from pain. I understand you my comrade. Still, you have to keep it down when you know a certain someone can hear you.

         Zhu Mingli actually slept in the side room and dismissed the maids stationed outside. They were placed there to readily serve them after they've done the deed, like bringing in water to bath, changing the bed sheet, clean clothes, tea or food, and lighting the incense. He reasoned out to them that having many people outside knew of their activities, makes both him and his wife uncomfortable. Especially when they would make a lot of noise in their chamber. They can just come back early in the morning. Hence, the maids walked out with a teasing smile, some of them have red faces in embarrassment.

         It was hard for him to sleep in the same room with his wife without doing anything. His expression turned dark when he saw his wife sleeping so soundly, not worrying about anything. Good for her, she has it good, Zhu Mingli thought. His heart was filled with resentment. How dare she sleep so comfortably when there's a man around? Even if he promised her... there's a line between getting comfortable and believing his words. She should atleast show some nervousness when he's around. How come she isn't the least bit effected by him?

          And here he is, having a hard time trying to control his heavy breathing. His body was in heat and it has been stimulated by the wine earlier, worse, he couldn't touch his newlywed wife. He dug his won grave.

        Sleeping it through is out of question. How can he get a wink of sleep in his dilemma? It would be good if he can get a cold bath but he already dismissed the maids and getting a cold bath during his wedding night will appear strange.

         Being in the same room with the person you desire, yet you're denied of coition will drive a man insane. Thus, Zhu Mingli decided to move out of the room and into the side room.

        Perhaps the heaven knew of his suffering and took pity on him by making it rain heavily. He stepped outside and soaked in the cold rain. He's not some frail young boy, he's a martial arts practitioner so he doesn't easily get sick.

        Only then, did Zhu Mingli fall asleep in the side room.

         At the break of dawn, he woke up and had a reaction. Having no choice but to comfort himself, it couldn't be help since he had a dream about him and his wife doing the deed. It was the sweetest dream he ever had. He's probably one of the most pathetic prince in history.

         Afterwards, Zhu Mingli immediately cleaned up his own mess. The maids will arrive at their chamber anytime soon, there's no time for dillydallying.

         He entered the bridal chamber and was taken aback to find Zhilan doing the exact job he's planning. Messing the room, particularly the bed, to give them the impression that they have really done it. She even pinched her own neck down to her collarbone and shoulder to create kiss marks on her jade like skin.

       It would be better if she let him do the real work of leaving kissmarks on her skin, that would be more convincing than leaving fake ones and it would save her from work. Zhu Mingli thought.

         “I can at least do this much, you prepared a white silk stained with blood, right?” Yan Gen said, neither cold nor warm. It awake Zhu Mingli from his day dream, he nodded in response.

       Then came the footsteps of the maids outside, carrying many things for them in preparation. The newlywed couple have to pay respect in the palace.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer