31.

Brazen

BY the time Yan Gen woke up, it was already dusk. He got up from his bed with a sluggish movement, his hair that was neatly arranged before is now so messy like a bird's nest. Scratching his messy hair like he usually do when he still has a standing glory in a lazy manner, a whince came out of him as a result. How could he mess such a silky long hair ah?

This long hair doesn't really suit him, he really missed his short hair that only took a few times to be combed. Anyways, it's a good thing that men in this era are also suffering from this. Since he can't scratch his messy long hair, he scratch his stomach instead and found out that his pretty maids changed his clothes to his thin sleeping white robe. Stretching his sluggish body while throwing back his head to slightly relieved the numbing feeling after being asleep for so long, it was then that Meigui entered his room, carrying a hangover soup, as if she already knew that he'll wake up around this time.

After sleeping for so long, his hangover actually lessened a lot, though his mind still feels a little bit muddled. Either from his remaining hangover or from over sleeping. Yan Gen grabbed the bowl of soup and finished it in several gulps straight. He put it back on the tray with a bit of force and yawned loudly while scratching his stomach again. It wasn't itching, he's just doing it out of habit back when he's still a manly man.

A few 'tsks' (a sign of disapproval or disappointment, this expression was usually used by elders) came out of Meigui's mouth. Yan Gen glanced at her and smiled prettily. Meigui tsk again when she saw a dried saliva across his left cheek. Her mistress is becoming less and less lady like as her knowledge grew. Why can't she be balanced for once?

On the other hand, Yan Gen is in a very good mood, he had enough sleep now and his headache has greatly lessen. On top of that, he's seeing a beauty as soon as he woke up. Any man will be in a good mood if they were put in a similar situation.

"Xiaojie, I have already ordered the kitchen to reheat your food, since tonight will be the start of spring festival, they will be a lot of foods for you to feast on"

In other words, he can pig out and eat till his stomach bulge. Yan Gen was startled when he heard the words 'Spring Festival'.

"Spring Festival? Tonight?"

There was a tinged of excitement in his voice and even his eyes lost its haziness from a while ago, he's now fully awake.

"Yes, to welcome the new year, there will be fireworks in the middle of the night once the new year started"

She patiently explained it to him, as if teaching a child, knowing that Zhilan has lost some of her memories, she may not know of this. Yan Gen smiled from ear to ear and clapped his hands together. It's not like everyday that you'll have a chance to celebrate the spring festival in this ancient era. The sight must be magical!

Yan Gen hurriedly climbed out of his bed and walked out of his chamber to his patio to admire the sky, splashed in gold, red, and violet hues. Such a spectacular sight! If he knows how to paint, he would have painted this breath-taking view by now. Unfortunately, this useless and untalented transmigrator here doesn't know how to paint. He can only sit and stare to imprint this picture in his mind, lying on his back as he stared at the sky for the longest time in his whole life with great admiration until those spectacular colors slowly faded, engulfed by the darkness.

In his past life, he doesn't have time to admire nature. Computer and internet was his life, how to upgrade his level in an online games, reading a wuxia harem novels, and watching *ehem* an anime that is absolutely not a hentai one.

"Xiaojie, your dinner is ready" only when he heard the word dinner did it registered to him that he has yet to eat and his stomach grumbled in complaint. He missed his lunch today so he'll definitely eat till his stomach burst.

When he faced the foods that was served to him in his chamber, his cheeks bulged while chewing his foods, despite his mouth being full, he put another sliced meat in his mouth and fiercely chewed like he was at an eating competition. Now that he remembered it, he entered an eating competition back when he was still in junior highschool. The prize was a set of beef meat, because he was still a very fat young lad back then, he loves to eat and what more was that the prize was one of his favorite foods in the world, plus the foods that they're going to eat for the competition was for free, he had also skipped lunch back then.

At that time, Yan Gen feels like he can eat a whole sack of rice just like now. He wants to eat every foods that he passed by but it was unfortunate that he had run out of money because he buyed another game tools. It was a good thing that he passed by a restaurant that held an eating competition. Apparently, it was the fiftieth anniversary of that restaurant.

At the side, Baihe couldn't resist reminding her pig of a mistress "My lady, slow down a bit. No one's going to snatch your food" Yan Gen's face that was buried on a bowl of delicious noodles looked up to her, putting the bowl down on the lacquered table as he said with his mouth full "Yo'l nebher no when Ibahzhdjkajxhs". What he's actually trying to say is "You'll never know when you'll get to eat such a delicious meal again" what if he suddenly died here today because Zhilan's soul wanted to possess her body back, and he, Yan Gen will not come back to life again because his body was already dead beyond recognition. Hayst... what a life he has. He doesn't want to stay in this female body but he doesn't want to die either.

Meigui's mouth twitched "It's much more better if Xiaojie will just focus on eating. Say no more or you'll choke on your food" In an instance, Yan Gen really did choke on his food, he pounded on his bulging chest. Baihe offered him a cup of water in a flash and Meigui cleaned up after his mess.

After that incident, he resumed eating. He only stopped when he feels like he was about to throw up from overeating. His pretty maids give him an incredulous stare before they put away the dishes. Yan Gen lied down on a sette as he rubbed his protruding stomach with a very satisfied expression. Meigui shook her head at his brazen action and reminded him again "Xiaojie, it isn't good to lie down as soon as you finished eating"

Her good intention was waved away by Yan Gen who continued to lie down "You don't have to be so worried. I only act like this when I'am at home, I'am very composed and elegant outside. You must believe me. Have you seen me making a fool out of myself outside, no?"

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer