36.

Feelings.

AFTER Yan Gen's outburst, he was so embarrassed, his little white face took on a shade of pink and his ears became red. He can't even look Wei Yuu in the eyes. Simply looking down on the ground while they walked back home.

Yan Gen smelled a delicious aroma as they passed by the small restaurants in the street. He halted and tugged Wei Yuu's hand that is holding his. "I'am hungry. I want to eat"

Wei Yuu gave a shallow smile and said his consent, directly walking in the restaurant where Yan Gen stopped, dragging him behind.

Yan Gen ordered so many things, making him worried. "Are you sure you can eat all of this? You might get stomachache from over eating" He simply waved his right hand that was readily holding a chopsticks and replied "No worries. I have a lot of appetite today, I can eat it all"

When the foods was served in front of them, Yan Gen wolfed it down, eating without reserve, his cheeks bulged like a squirrel as he tried to gulped all the foods that goes into his mouth. "Eat slowly, no one's going to steal your foods" Not long after he said those words, Yan Gen choked on his food, he tapped his chest with his fist a few times. Wei Yuu immediately handed him a bowl of water. "I told you to eat slowly"

It can't be helped. Yan Gen usually eat with Zhilan's parents, being a lady that he is, he must eat gracefully and limit what he eats and when he's back in his room and wanted to eat again to fill his unsatisfied stomach, his pretty maids will restraint him, saying that overeating might hurt his health. Besides, the original Wei Zhilan normally doesn't eat much, else how could she maintain this hourglass figure? With these reasons, he had no choice but to suppress his gluttonous desire.

Yan Gen swallowed a mouthful of water and his sight falls on Wei Yuu's untouched foods "If you're not going to eat your fill soon, don't blame me for wiping the dishes clean later"

His eyes sparked in amusement by what he said. He was engrossed in watching him eat in a flurry that he didn't touched his own food. Wei Yuu then put a sliced of meat on his bowl and said in approval "Then, don't hold back. You must eat a little slower though or you might choke on your food again"

After they had their fill, both of them rested in the small restaurant for a while before they decided to pay the bills and finally walked back home. They walked slowly, hating the idea of going home already, if it is going home to Yan Gen's original world then he has no qualms, if it is going back to Wei estate, then he'd rather spend his whole night outside.

He bites the sugar figurine in his hand that Wei Yuu buyed for him when they walked passed a small stall and caught his interest. He made a small crackling noise as he stared at Wei Yuu's back, his broad shoulders and his tapered waist. He then stared at their intertwined fingers, it perfectly fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. His eyes wandered and set on his butt as he walked, he stared at it for a moment before he quickly retracted his gaze.

OH. MY. GOD. Yan Gen exclaimed to himself. Did he just checked out Wei Yuu? No, no, I'am innocent! who's checking out whom? Then why did he stared at 'it'?

Yan Gen mentally faced palm. He must be losing his mind. Why did he found Wei Yuu more and more attractive? Is it because he has always been nice to him? Always gentle and caring towards him. Although he was unruly sometimes, he doesn't reprimand him, he was never aggressive. Wei Yuu has always been patient towards him despite his shortcomings and coax him when his mood is bad.

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....!!!!!

He mentally screamed towards heaven while physically hitting himself. This female body is taking over his mind and soul, his manliness is fading. Why else is his heart softening like a marshmallow right now? The f*ck.

Wei Yuu stopped without his notice, causing him to bumped into his back. He was about to criticize him when he noticed a bright light from his peripheral vision. Not far away, from the south side near the Wei estate, there are beautiful fireworks in the sky. Those criticizing words at the tip of his tongue was left unsaid as they both stared up at the sky. It wasn't the first time that Yan Gen saw fireworks, however he feels like the fireworks he's witnessing right now has a distinct beauty to them. More beautiful and marvelous than the previous fireworks he saw in his modern world.

"Lan-er..."

Suddenly, along with the booming fireworks, his heart beat raced, as if going along with the loud sound of the fireworks when Wei Yuu called him. It was clearly not his own name but it seems like it's his own at the same time.

Get a hold of yourself. Get a hold of yourself. Get a hold of yourself. You must not lose to this female body. Your soul is a man. A man!

Yan Gen repeatedly said those words to himself over and over again and yet his heart keeps beating like a drum, it rings loudly in his ears than the fireworks they're admiring right now.

"Wha--What?"

He stuttered a bit when he answered him. "I think this will be the last time we'll meet alone"

Feeling baffled, Yan Gen can only respond with the same word "What?"

"Your hairpin ceremony is coming soon and... you'll also get married soon after that"

How could Yan Gen forget about that? He's already planning his escape to go to the temple and shave his head to become a monk--nun rather.

The atmosphere between them suddenly changed, replacing that warm feeling into a chilling cold one. Wei Yuu also let go of his hand and motioned him to go. He didn't notice that they've already arrived at the Wei estate. They entered at the back meant for servants.

They only need to go through the dirty kitchen to enter the main house. Yan Gen looked at Wei Yuu who was rooted on his spot. "You can go now. I can only accompany you from here" he stared at him for a long time so he added "Don't worry. I'll look out for you here. You won't get caught"

Only then did he entered silently into the main house and back to his room. He's feeling a bit muddled as he clutched his chest "What the hell was that?"

An outrageous thought suddenly popped out of his head. 'Could it be that he started developing feelings to that man'?

Yan Gen was struck by thunder from the heaven.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer