40.

Gathering of the devils.

WHEN Yan Gen woke up from his worst nightmare, he was sweating in bullets. His whole body is shaking, he didn't know if it's because of fright, rage, or embarrassment. Probably all of it.

It was hard for him to catch his breath. He was breathing so heavily like he had gone into a few laps. Sunlight is seeping through the gaps of his windows, letting him know that it's already morning. Yan Gen groaned and rolled on the sheet a few times, he then stared at an empty space.

Not knowing if he should be thankful that he's back in this ancient times where he's living as an extremely beautiful woman with little rights of his life and without advance technology. On the other hand, if he goes back to his world right now, he can't remedy the situation Wei Zhilan has gotten himself into. To actually use his body to sleep with a man for her own benefits. How will he be able to face his biological parents if they find out? he even resolutely denied that he's not a gay but he actually give his virginity to a man. It's simply slapping his face with his own hand.

Now he doesn't know if he still wants to go back anymore. That dream is so realistic Yan Gen believed that it must be true. The Gods must have let him see that scene to cause a ripple in his heart, letting him stay in this era.

Not long after, his chamber door was opened by Baihe, followed by Meigui and another group of servant girls who are all carrying something for him. He was quickly rose from dillydallying on his bed. A servant girl brought a basin before him to wash his face and mouth, and breakfast was quickly served to him. Each of them has their own task, the others helped him bath and dressed, while the remaining did his hair and makeup.

Because of their nimble hands and organized arrangement. It wasn't long before Yan Gen found himself in the main hall of the Wei estate that was already packed with the devils of the Wei clan. Apparently, their relatives just arrived in the capital and Zhilan's grandfather who's the head of the clan decided to welcome them with lavish banquet since it's also the Spring Festival, a time to get together with the family members of the clan.

As soon as Yan Gen stepped in the main hall, he can feel that there are so many pair of eyes fixed on him. He can hear their sigh and words of praise and admiration to him, saying that seeing is better than hearing, for Zhilan of the Wei house is indeed a beauty that possess peerless elegance and grace. Their words carried a tone of pride, for is this Wei Zhilan not from the same clan as them who share the same bloodline as them? This little young beauty can cause changes in the Empire's dynasty.

Although not comfortable, Yan Gen still came forward to pay respect, bowing before his elders so he could sit his butt on a chair as soon as possible. It was so tiring paying respect from here and there, the Wei clan is truly a big clan that was a century old, he has too many elders that he lost count.

When Yan Gen sat, he has to deal with the young girls that started to circle around him. Their eyes are twinkling and has a hint of worshipping as they tried to talk to him. This... Yan Gen feels like he was a celebrity of some sort. His eyes unconsciously scan the room and then, their eyes met.

Wei Yuu was staring at him in amusement. Obviously enjoying his troubled face as he replied each one of their questions though he felt uncertain, he's not the true Wei Zhilan after all. How could he know a noble young lady's sense of aesthetic? Yan Gen glared at him.

One of the young girls saw their occasional exchange of glances and couldn't help but comment aloud

"Zhilan jiejie and Yuu gege sure have a close relationship that everyone will get jealous of"

Yan Gen doesn't know if there was any other meaning to what she said, he couldn't detect anything in her voice. Besides, he's a dense man, how would he know a woman's sharp exchange of underlying sweet words. He can only keep mum, politely smiling.

"They are not apart, both of them grew up together in one place. In every special occasion, they would see each other, of course they would be close" Another one of them commented, she seems older than most of the girls in her group and is more clever. She glared at the former girl who made a comment, as if to say 'You better shut your mouth if you can't watch your words'. Wei Zhilan and Wei Yuu can't be together. Their lives have long been planned perfectly by the elders.

Even if they have feelings for each other, so what? It doesn't matter. They can't be together.

As much as Yan Gen enjoyed being in the company of this beautiful young girls, he wants nothing but to escape from them right now. He's been talking for hours with them and he can feel his mouth dry. Though he keep his words at minimum to avoid giving himself away, they just wouldn't stop questioning him, leaving him without choice. He has no qualms if it's flirting with them but all they talked about for hours were flowers, clothes, accessories, poems, and lastly, handsome men. The last subject almost made him gag.

He was more than relieved when an old female servant came to him and said that he was being called in the outer room. Yan Gen smiled at his female companies and politely excused himself, they all understood and didn't make it hard for him. Wei Zhilan must be called by their uncles or aunts.

Who knew that it was just Wei Yuu who ordered the old servant to get him outside. Yan Gen wasn't surprised and instead walked to him, though he feels a little bit uncomfortable with him ever since the first night of Spring Festival "You're bored too?" Wei Yuu let out a mocking laugh at him "Do you think everyone is like you in that hall? We're talking about a very interesting topic, I'am this considerate of you to step out"

Right. It's not like everyone has companies like him who couldn't connect well with him, considering that he's a man inside. Yan Gen's interest rose when Wei Yuu mentioned that they were just talking about a very interesting topic. And What could be a very interesting topic between a group of hot blooded young men?

Of course, it should be the girls! The beautiful and hot girls in particular. Yan Gen grinned "Oh. I know, talking about women" Wei Yuu and him have already started walking at the back of the hall. He saw Wei Yuu furrowed his eyebrows, he stopped walking so Yan Gen also halted his steps.

"What? Am I wrong?" He asked, still wearing that grin. How could he not know? Although this bunch of noble young masters acted like a decent gentleman on the surface, their words and action follow those of how scholars carry themselves, they weren't necessary all that. Hell! Yan Gen can bet with his life that even those pretentious scholars couldn't help themselves from indulging in this topic. Not talking about them means you're just a group of cut sleeves.

Wei Yuu couldn't speak for it was the truth! Yan Gen hits bullseye. Just a moment ago, he was being interrogated what kind of girl he likes because he was the only one left who didn't voice his opinion when everyone got obviously worked up on that topic and Wei Yuu remembered Wei Zhilan. The way she freely ride on her horse, galloping to the horizon, her silky black hair beautifully waving in the air, her melodious laughter, and the way she smiles. Sometimes pure, other times it was mischievous. She's the girl who lives happily on her time, doing whatever she wants regardless of the consequences yet she knows how to leave a great impression.

A girl who can make me feel alive. That was his answer.

So I thought I should be able to update in bulks since it's our sembreak but fudge, I still have a lot of requirements to pass and I also have to deal with my clearance, just when I thought that I would fly over the sky. I was supposed to update this chapter since last week, following after Chapter 39 due to my schedule, it was delayed.

BUT, I guess it will soon be over this week. I hope. If I can't finish this story before the year ends, I'll probably finish it around January. My New Year gift. Lol.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer