8.

Going out.

 ✿

HIDING himself doesn't really change anything. The antagonist is meant to meet these main characters, else how will the story proceed without Zhilan? Might as well do what he wants to do and let himself have his own freedom. He had read a lot of transmigration novels where the transmigrators changed the original fate of the antagonists. Surely, he can do that too. Troubles can come his way, it's not like he can run away from it forever, so long as he doesn't ended up with a man.

Upon realizing the situation he's in, Yan Gen took the initiative to invite one of his close buddies which is also his cousin, Wei Yuu, to go out of the Wei estate and teach him how to ride a horse. Wei Yuu was a bit startled of his beautiful cousin's boldness, she never failed to amused and surprised him every time they met.

He's seeing this little cousin of him in a new light, he's even more surprised when she brought out a male outfit that's suitable for a horse riding, a loose pants and a top that reached below the knees, and a black tie to tighten the edge of the sleeves and pants.

"You want to learn horse riding?"

Without doubt, Yan Get nodded his head, making Wei You raised his eyebrows a bit and let out an amused laughter.

"I never thought that you would be one of those rough ladies who like horse riding"

Looking at this little cousin of him who can be easily sweeped by the wind and looks pitiful like a spring flower after the rain, it doesn't appear that she would like such tiring outdoor activity. Well, she likes reading the arts of war and the long history of empire's wars too. One can't really judge a person from their appearance.

"Who doesn't like horse riding? I mean-- it gives you a feeling like you're flying in the air, the rush of wind against your face that blows past your body. The feeling of freedom it gives is... superb. Hehehe"

Making a fool out of himself to actually ended up spouting a lot of nonsense, Yan Gen can only scratch the back of his head and smiled sheepishly. Wei You chuckled, there was a mirth in his eyes when he replied to him.

"I bet you never ride a horse before and yet you already knew the feeling of riding one? Where did you get your ideas?"

Novels, of course. That's where he get those ideas, the authors described it vividly though he can't do the same by saying it out a loud, he can only spout the main idea of what the author wants to convey.

"By observing! I observe those people who ride horses"

That's a huge fat lie and Yan Gen said it without blinking. His stares went straight to his cousin's eyes to make him believe that he's truly telling the truth. Wei Yuu was a bit taken aback with his stares. He broke into a smile and said,

"You're quite observant"

Upon hearing his compliment, Yan Gen put on a smug look. Although he already knows that he can't avoid troubles all the time, he still wants to lessen the trouble that might come at him and not deliberately make a trouble himself. That is why, Wei Yuu and him have asked for a legal permission from their elders to go out of the Wei estate every now and then to teach him horse riding instead of sneaking out their way.

There's no pressure in going out if they have their consent. Though they didn't agreed so easily at first for a reason that Zhilan just recently recovered from her accident and they were very protective of her, but Yan Gen is very persistent and used every means to make them agree by using all his female charms and debating skills.

In the end, they got a permission under three conditions. Of course, elders won't agree so easily about the idea of a young lady going out to learn horse riding. Naturally, conditions should be made and known.

First, there will be guards following them. Second, Zhilan will be disguised as a boy every time they go out. Third, Wei Yuu should take her home before sunset. If they break even one of those conditions, the whole idea of horse-riding or going out shall be dropped and Wei Yuu will bear the consequences of it by receiving thirty planks and be confined for a month.

It's very obvious that they're bias towards Zhilan, this whole idea is hers and he who was only pulled by her is the one who will bear the consequences of it. The world is truly not fair.

However, when he look at her face that is glowing in happiness, he couldn't help but smile and feel like she is worth getting a punishment for. As long as she's happy.

Yan Gen is like an ignorant child who stepped out of the world for the first time. He couldn't help himself from looking around the surroundings they passed by.

They're actually riding a carriage at first to go to their destination and after a while, Wei Yuu decided to step out of the carriage to let Zhilan looked around the place for a while. This wasn't the super crowded central market of the capital, nevertheless, there's also a few stalls here and there are plenty of people in the street.

If only Yan Gen has a camera right now to capture this ancient place. The things he's seeing are the real ones, unlike those scenes he saw in movies and drama series, this is something that they can't fully imitate. He wants to imprit this scene on his mind forever.

The two of them are walking side by side on the street, although their guards are following them from a distance and both of them are wearing ordinary clothes and not the usual one they wear, they still garnered a lot of attention from the people around them.

Wei Yuu, being a Wei, of course he would be good looking. The female members of Wei are stunning, so what of the male members? They're quite handsome too.

Zhilan who is currently disguised as a boy couldn't really hide her allure as a female even if she's wearing a male outfit. The people who saw them speculated that the two of them have an ambiguous relationship.

Yan Gen noticed this and he became uncomfortable, there are also some people that aren't their guards that started following them like a paparazzi in modern times so he invited Wei Yuu to go back inside the carriage.

Yan Gen is very confused about this arrangement, he's actually a male inside but his sex is female and now he's disguised as a male? Ugh.

Heaven forbids it if he starts getting confused about his true gender and started liking a man. May the gods strike him with thousands of lightnings if that happens.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer