eleven: talk to me

ever since your abduction, reid didn't speak to anyone except himself. he felt responsible for it which is why he didn't want to speak to anyone.

he felt terrible.

on his way out the door, morgan stopped him.

"hey, reid," he called out.

he turned around in response.

"yeah?"

"talk to her."

he smiled confused. "who?"

he sighed. "you know who i'm talking about reid."

he sighed, looking down to the ground.

"i can't, it's my fault."

"reid, she calls me every night because you won't talk to her and she needs to talk to you about this. it isn't your fault that this happened to her- but it is your fault if you don't help her move past it. she's scared but she can't go to you because she knows you'll shut down so she has to handle it herself which isn't healthy."

he sighed. "i did this to her."

morgan shook his head.

"reid, just go talk to her."

-
you had fallen asleep on the couch in your apartment, waiting for reid to come back to you but you knew he wasn't going to speak to you so you just decided to sleep.

the door opening awakened you, causing you to jump slightly and grab your gun to point it at the door.

a scared, mostly surprised, reid entered the apartment, causing you to put down your gun.

"oh, it's you," you said, laying back down on the couch. your eyes went back to the television that was playing some comedic show.

you weren't expecting him to talk but he shocked you.

"____," he said softly.

you turned to look at him. "yeah?"

"can we talk?" he asked.

you nodded, sitting up and patting the spot on the couch next to you. he set down his bag and came over, sitting up in a stiff posture.

"what's up?"

"i'm sorry."

you cocked your head, your hair falling in front of your shoulder. "for what?"

"for allowing this to happen to you. you're scared for anyone to enter- even me. you held a gun out and that's my fault," he said. he was nervous.

you sat up more, looking at him.

"so, if you hate me, then-"

you shook your head, a smile on your face.

"this is all i wanted, reid! i just wanted you to talk to me, to finally speak to me. i can't deal with the abduction incident on my own. and it isn't your fault, honey."

he looked back up at your eyes, seeing them soft and gentle.

"it is my-"

you shook your head. "no, it's not."

he smiled back at you as you pulled him into your arms, resting your cheek on the top of his head.

"you're okay," you told him, playing with one of his hands. "you're okay."