one hundred and fifty seven: safe keeping secrets

you were working later on a case than you had intended to do. hotch wanted you to finish writing up some reports for previous cases as he finished the one from today and you had agreed- happy to take some of the pressure off of your head of the team.

"hey, you're here late," morgan said as he came up to your desk as you finished writing down the final words of the report and proceeding to shut the file. you sat back in your chair.

"yeah," you said softly. "hotch wanted my help on some reports so i agreed to help."

morgan nodded. "well, it's almost ten o'clock. i definitely thought that you had gone home earlier than the rest of us."

"it's almost ten?" you said, suddenly sitting up.

he nodded. "yeah, why?"

"shit," you muttered, suddenly beginning to close all the case files and put the reports inside of the folders. you collected all of them up into your arms as you stood up and began to walk to hotch's office to drop them off.

"what's at ten o'clock?" morgan asked.

"reid is waiting for me and i did this," you muttered as you climbed up the stairs towards his office. "i can't believe i stayed this late and didn't realize it."

"wait, i thought you didn't date people from work?" morgan asked you. you nodded as you began walking to hotch's office where you popped in, dropping off the reports before walking back out to meet morgan again.

"i don't," you replied back, walking down the stairs once more as you went back over to your desk to pick up everything.

"then why are you meeting reid?" he asked.

you stared down towards your phone as you tried not to think about how you had just screwed up your's and reid's secret.

"we're friends, morgan," you replied back finally as you grabbed your jacket, phone, and pushed in your chair at your desk.

"you're meeting a guy, reid, might i remind you, at ten o'clock at night and you're expecting me to think that it's just you and reid grabbing a cup of coffee and having casual conversation?" morgan asked you.

you nodded, folding your lips back gently to wet them slightly before loosening back up and nodding.

"yep," you replied. "spence and i are good friends so i'm not sure what the problem is with that."

you began walking towards the elevator as morgan followed you.

"morgan, what are you doing?" you asked him as you pressed on the down button to the elevator. he smiled, chuckling gently. "what?" you asked, looking over at him.

"you're really expecting me to think that you two are just friends," he chuckled afterwards.

"what's up with you wondering if i am dating someone?" you asked him gently. the two of you walked into the elevator and began to ride it down to the first floor.

morgan looked over at you.

you were staring down at your watch, checking the time continually to make sure that you wouldn't be late to meet reid.

when you looked back up, you let out a sigh as morgan leaned over to try to kiss you. you moved back, looking at him in surprise as he nodded.

"what the hell were you trying to do?" you asked him.

"you would've kissed me if you weren't dating someone," he responded as you shook your head.

"i wouldn't of ruined our friendship and my policy of not dating one of our team members," you replied. "so, i actually wouldn't of kissed you either way."

"either way? so, i was right," he replied. "you and reid are doi-"

"stop," you said as you shook your head, walking out of the elevator. morgan followed you out of the doors as you began your walk to someone's car.

"did you get a new car?" he asked as you turned around with a small smile before nodding and then proceeding to walk over to the car and get in it.

you took a seat in the passenger side as you looked over at reid who couldn't stop smiling to himself.

"what?" you asked him softly.

he finally looked over at you.

"you're late and you always told me that you were never late to meet someone as cute as-" he began but you laughed, moving over to get closer to him.

"yeah, yeah, shut up and let me kiss you," you said gently, pressing your lips to his as he continued to smile to himself. when you let go, you looked down at him with a soft look in your eye.

"morgan tried to kiss me," you told him as reid's grip grew tighter around you. you nodded in response to his actions. "i know," you began. "but he's asking a lot of questions. we probably shouldn't have even kissed until we left the parking lot because i just know that he's going to ask me about us kissing tomorrow."

reid nodded, continuing to look up at you with a sparkle in his eye.

"well," reid began softly. "lucky for me, i've got you wrapped around my finger, don't i?"

you smiled at him, pressing another kiss to his lips before responding to his question.

"yes," you said softly. "you do, spence."

you tried to kiss him again but reid looked over towards his side of the car. you also heard the same noise that you knew he heard as you sat down in your seat.

"he's here," you said softly.

reid nodded. "he most definitely saw us."

you nodded, opening the door as he looked over at you. you nodded, telling him that it was okay as you got out of the car.

"aha! i was right!" morgan said quite loudly as you jumped. reid got out of the car, walking over to where you were as he pushed past morgan gently to grab your hands and pull you into a protective hold from behind. you placed your hand on your chest as you looked up at him.

"so how long have you two been together?" morgan asked as he leaned against his own car that was parked right next to reid's.

you ran a hand through your hair before grabbing reid's hands in yours as you pulled him closer to you. he rest his chin on your head as he looked at morgan.

"eight months," you responded as morgan nodded, crossing his arms.

"mhmm," he muttered. "well, if i offended you reid in any way by trying to kiss your girlfriend, i was just trying to prove a point to the two of us. but especially your girlfriend."

reid nodded, holding onto your hands tighter.

"what's done is done," he replied.

you smiled to yourself, looking up at morgan.

"you can't tell anyone about us or hotch will make us break up and things will get messy," you told him as he nodded.

"your secret is safe with me," he responded as reid pressed a kiss to your head as you smiled, closing your eyes.