forty six: protect me

"because of these natural deposits, it leads to this landmark. but there isn't any water here so it would have to go another direction," reid muttered to himself as he looked over some maps that he was provided with to help find these children.

you couldn't stop smiling at him, sitting back in your chair as you observed his gleeful eyes searching over each and every word carefully with admired impact.

"that would lead to this one," reid continued to mutter as he stared down at the map, making a few marks here and there on the paper. "but that doesn't make any sense. _____, can you bring me the- what?"

his bright eyes were looking into yours now as you couldn't stop smiling. you knew this was a crucial case- but you couldn't stop observing how beautiful his mind was.

he continued to stare at you.

"nothing," you muttered gently. "what did you need me to bring you?" you asked him sweetly, standing up from your chair and walking over near him.

"i need that other map. i think he's dumping the bodies nearer to campsite areas but not so oblivious," reid said as he grabbed hold of the map you had given him.

"maybe he's dumping them there as a sign of remorse? or maybe it's because it's so close to the campsites that no one would think that they'd be hidden there?"

"meaning no one would even think to look that close," reid said as he circled some locations on the map before looking over at you. your eyes were now observing the map, sparkling with curious questions. he smiled.

"you're a genius, ____," he said.

you looked up at him, a smile on your lips.

"no," you shook your head. "you're a genius. you're the one talking aloud to yourself and it's the most beautiful talk i've ever heard."

reid chuckled, pulling you towards him by your waist as he pressed a gentle kiss to your temple before continuing to look at the maps.

"you'll always protect me, right?" you asked.

reid looked down at you, noticing now that you were playing with his hand that wasn't drawing on the map.

"yes," he responded. "why do you question it?"

you sighed.

"it's scary to be dating you, reid. not only because of how genius you are but because i have a target on my back constantly."

reid sighed, pulling you close to him once more as you continued to play with his hand.

"look," he whispered softly. "the event that happened wasn't meant to happen. you know that right? i never meant to allow you to-"

you shook your head. "it's alright, reid."

he didn't say anything back but continued to stare down at the top of your head as he watched your fingers play with his.

"i love you."

he smiled, giving you another kiss on your temple as you sighed into his touch.

"i love you too."

-
cute & short :)

treat people with kindness.

K.