one hundred and fifty eight: prettiest eyes

"that guy was mean," the man said as he sat in the chair with the handcuffs on him. "he deserved it."

you looked over at him, feeling a little creeped out as you tried not to focus on it but continue to take down the photos of the victims.

"you know, you got real, pretty eyes," he said with a smile as you continued taking down the photos, pausing when you heard that and trying not to focus on it too much. you felt a shiver running down your body as you tried not to focus on it too much.

"hey, get him out of here!" morgan said as you tried to focus on taking the pictures down from the wall. "sorry," he muttered as you continued to stare at the board.

"_____, everything okay?" morgan asked you while you suddenly nodded before looking back to see reid about to grab one of the boxes of the file.

morgan looked down at you, seeing you looking at reid. he nodded, taking down the pictures as you continued looking at him.

"_____, you can go see him," he told you as you looked over at him to make sure that it was certainly okay. he nodded. "it's just a couple more pictures that i have to put into a box. it won't take two people to do so."

you nodded, thanking him before walking off and going into the room where reid was as you pulled him into a hug immediately as you walked in.

he grew confused as to why you were randomly hugging him during the final few minutes before having to board the plane.

yes, you and him hugged often but he knew that this felt different.

"what's up?" he asked softly.

you sighed into his hold.

"do you think my eyes are pretty?" you asked.

he nodded, holding onto you a little tighter.

"of course i do," he replied. you smiled, closing your eyes as you held tightly onto reid.

"i love you, spence," you told him.

he tightened his hold on you.

"are you sure you're okay?" he asked you as you nodded, pressing a kiss to his cheek before resting your head back in the crook of his neck.

"yeah, yeah," you responded. "as long as i have you, i'm alright. i love you."

he smiled sweetly.

"i love you too, sweetheart."