one hundred and twenty one: sleep

on the way back from the case, you couldn't sleep at all. for some reason, it was a restless night for you tonight. reid had fallen asleep with his head on your shoulder while his hand rest in his lap before sliding off onto the cushion. you had taken his in yours while you continued to stare out the window.

"_____, everything okay?" morgan asked as he sat down in front of you and a sleeping reid. you nodded, looking down towards his hand that was holding onto yours loosely.

"yeah, i'm fine, i just can't seem to get to sleep for some reason," you muttered.

"sure seems like reid can," he chuckled. you nodded, smiling and lightly laughing with each other.

"i think just everything that's been going on lately. my parents recently got divorced but my mom is dating a new guy already. my sister has just stopped talking with my entire family. reid and i have been having long talks," you muttered, resting your head against his as you sighed.

morgan looked towards the table before making eye contact with you once more.

"_____, i'm sure whatever you two are going through is going to be okay- along with the rest of your family," he replied. you nodded gently, being careful not to wake up reid.

"i just really feel bad for making him work so hard with me and on the job," you muttered.

"hey," he said, getting your attention. "it's not your fault that the job is as hard as it is. it's just how it is."

you nodded, letting out a sigh as you looked down at your sleeping reid once more.

"thanks for talking with me," you told morgan with a soft smile. "i think i can finally sleep now."

he chuckled. "good because i'm tired too."

you laughed softly, continuing to rest your head against reid's as you closed your eyes. you felt so comfortable and safe with reid this close to you. this was the most peaceful it had been for you in a while.