one hundred and ninety five: cheers

"hey! you look gorgeous!" you said as you walked up to your younger sister who was standing around the entrance of the wedding venue for the reception.

she smiled, hugging you back and waving back towards reid as he slipped his hand into yours, pulling you close to him as you smiled to yourself.

"wanna go get some food and then go outside?" you asked him as he nodded, walking alongside you as you both went through the line of food to gather what you wanted before leaving.

you were both sitting down on a large stone wall that had some vines and ivy growing on it but it was decorated with lights and extra streamers for the wedding of your oldest sister.

"so," you began. "when do you think we'll get married?" you asked him, taking a sip of your champagne you had been handed.

reid leaned back against the post, letting out a sigh.

"when i feel the time is right to propose," he replied, giving you a smile as you took a bite of the cake, nodding as you did so.

"when do you think the time would be right?" you asked him gently.

"______, i think the wedding is getting to your head. i know that five years is a long time to be dating but you have to remember that we aren't your sister and her husband. they dated for two years before getting married. they knew long before we did or else they wouldn't have taken that risk," he said as you smiled at him.

"i'm not trying to pressure you," you told him gently, taking another sip of your drink as he let out a sigh, leaning forwards and taking your hand in his as you looked over at him.

"i know you aren't," he said softly. "and i respect that and i love you so much, but you know that we should probably just wait a little while more."

you set down the glass, staring into his eyes as you felt love sleeping out of your heart and into him.

"i love you, spence," you told him, feeling your phone vibrating in your pocket as you took it out to see j.j. calling you.

you let out a sigh, sliding off the wall and towards the ground once more as you let go of reid's hand to answer the phone.

he cleaned up the trash from your small meal.

"of all days to take a break," you muttered. "today would be the day to do so but oh well. what's the case?"

"a child abduction," she said. "look, i'm sorry, _____."

you nodded. "no, i understand. it's okay. we'll be right in. bye, j.j."

reid came up to you after throwing all the trash away.

"hey, spence," you said, turning around to face him. "we have a case, a child abduction. j.j. just called me and we need to go."

"but it's your sister's wedding?" he said.

you nodded, letting out a distressed sigh.

"i know, but, we can't ignore this child and i know she'd want me to go out there and find him or her because she wants children of her own and she knows that she'd want me at work to find her kid," you told him.

he pressed a gentle kiss to your forehead as you let out a sigh, trying to focus on something else as you closed your eyes.

"i love you," you told him.

"i love you too," he replied before sliding his hand into yours and leading you out of the venue where you waved goodbye to your younger sister before leaving to go into work.

reid was there for you all the way.