one hundred and eighteen: socks

"_____, have you seen my-" reid began as he walked into the main part of the bedroom where you sat on the edge of the bed with a pair of his mismatched socks in your hand. "how do you just know?" he asked sweetly as he took them from you and began putting them on.

you smiled, pulling out your phone.

"i'm your girlfriend, spence," you told him softly. "i have to know you in order to date you."

he laughed, about to get up and get his shoes but you held them up from where you had them on the floor.

"here you go," you told him sweetly as he took them gently from your hands. you smiled at him, putting your phone back on the bed as you stared over at him. he was busy putting on his shoes but you couldn't help but feel love rush through your body.

you reached up, running your hand through his hair gently as he finished tying his shoes. when he finished, he looked over at you, seeing you smiling.

"what?" he asked softly as you kept messing with his hair before putting your hand down and continuing to smile softly at him.

"you're so cute," you told him as he blushed, looking down towards his lap as he smiled to himself nervously. you laughed awkwardly before standing up, looking away finally.

"okay, pretty boy," you began. "you have to get to work even though i wish you could stay here all day."

he smiled, pulling you into his arms as he stood up. he made sure to press a kiss to your forehead as you closed your eyes, your grip getting tighter on him.

"spence," you began. "you have to go."

he nodded, holding onto you still as you kept yourself pressed up against his body.

"i know," he muttered, holding you close as he rest his head against the side of yours while he stared at a picture of you and him together in front of him.

"is everything okay?" you asked him softly. he nodded, keeping you close.

"everything's okay," he said. "you're here, i'm holding you, everything's okay."

you smiled, nuzzling yourself further into his grasp. he didn't want to ever let go of you.

"spence, are you sure everything's okay?"

he nodded, pressing a soft kiss to the side of your head. "yeah, i just love you a lot. i'll see you later, angel."

you slowly let go of him, pressing a brief kiss to his lips before smiling at him once again.

"i'll see you soon, pretty boy," you said. "go kick ass out there. but please don't die or i will have to kill you."

he laughed, about to explain it but you pressed your lips back on his again to keep him quiet about it.

"you have to go," you told him softly. "but i love you."

he smiled, grabbing his phone and bag as he opened the door to leave, looking at you once more.

"can we get dinner when i get back?" he asked.

you nodded, smiling at him sweetly before he smiled again, shutting the door and leaving to go to work.