seventy nine: knowledge on women

"she only has four pairs of shoes," morgan said as reid came back into the room. he gave him a confused look, catching his attention.

"why exactly is that relevant?" he asked him while they continued to walk through the mother's bedroom in search of something else.

"come on, reid," morgan began as they kept walking throughout the room. "how many women do you know that only have four pairs of shoes?" he asked him.

reid looked down a little before responding.

"well, my experience in and around women's closets isn't exactly extensive enough to really formulate an opinion," he said as morgan turned around and looked at him.

"you haven't been to ______'s once?" he asked. reid laughed a little as he looked off to the side.

"i have but it's not like i go searching her closet for the number of shoes she has," he muttered as he looked towards the table that had a picture frame on it. he observed it while morgan asked him another question.

"wait, so you're telling me you two don't even live together yet?" he asked as reid picked up the picture frame.

"no, we don't," reid said as he observed the photo. "i think she's just waiting until i propose to her."

morgan nudged him, catching his attention away from the picture and the picture frame.

"what?" he asked.

"how long have you two been dating again? three, four years?" morgan asked. reid shook his head.

"six," he said as he went back to looking at the picture. "morgan, the mom doesn't-"

"you've been dating her for six years and you haven't proposed already?" he interrupted as reid looked back up at him.

"well, yeah," he began. "i don't know, i just never thought she was ready and i wasn't sure if i was ready either."

"six years is a long time, reid," he said. "that's like 2,000 days that you two have been together."

"actually it's 2,190 days not counting leap years that add extra days," reid muttered. morgan chuckled, hitting him again before looking at the picture frame.

"either way, that's a long time and i think everyone on the team will agree with me that you should propose to her already," morgan said as he focused back on the picture frame.

-
when they got back to the station, morgan walked in with reid to meet the team. he cleared his throat which caused everyone to look at him.

"i'm sorry but i just have to ask the question," morgan said as reid let out a sigh and put his hands in his pockets. "don't you all think that reid should propose to ______ already?"

hotch looked back down to the folder as j.j. nodded. "yeah, i definitely think so. spence, how long have you two been together?" she asked.

"six years," he muttered as everyone looked at him in awe.

"six years?" prentiss said, looking at reid in a confused look. morgan noted her look, nudging reid to look up at her.

"what? guys, i'll propose to her when i'm ready to," he muttered as he went over to a seat and sat down. j.j. looked over at him.

"spence, we're just giving you an opinion."

he nodded, looking towards hotch as he waited for him to say something to interrupt the conversation.

"alright, enough personal talk right now," he said, saving reid the conversation. "we have a child to find."

morgan nodded, passing by reid as he patted him on the shoulder.

-
when the team got back, morgan was still asking reid questions about his dating life that involved you.

"morgan, i've already told you," he began. "i'm not proposing to her until i feel ready. i'm in no rush."

"yeah, but you've have no rush the last six years," morgan responded as garcia joined the two of them.

"six years of what?" she asked, entering the conversation.

morgan looked over at her.

"reid and _____ have been dating for six years and he hasn't proposed yet," he told her. garcia let out a small gasp.

"you haven't proposed to her yet?" she asked him. reid put his hand to his head as he let out a sigh.

"i don't want to do it yet until i feel ready," he said before entering the main room of the b.a.u. prentiss was standing by his desk, talking to someone.

"i'll catch up with you two later," he muttered before walking over to his desk where you were sitting, talking with prentiss.

"_____," he said with a smile as you looked up at him.

"hey, honey," you said sweetly before turning back to prentiss to answer her question. reid kept his smile and his eyes focused on you, observing your every movement as morgan and garcia watched from a distance.

"i don't know why he doesn't just propose," morgan said as garcia shook her head.

"maybe it's something ____ is saying to him?" she asked with a concerned look on her face.

they both watched as you said bye to prentiss as she left and you looked up at reid. you stood up, grabbing his hand in yours as you continued to smile at him.

"can we talk when i get back to your apartment?" he asked you gently. you nodded.

"yeah, of course. is everything okay?" you asked. he smiled, bringing you into a hug as he held onto you as if he were protective.

"oh, yeah," he said. "everything is fine. i just think we need to talk."

garcia and morgan exchanged glances before looking over at the two of you. you were both now leaving, reid holding your hand as he turned around one last time and gave his two team members a smile before the two of you left the building.