thirteen: prentiss' daughter

"first day!" you said to your mom, watching as she gave you a smile while she set your box of items down on the desk.

"i know," you said, letting out a heavy exhale, running a hand through your hair. "i'm a little scared of hotchner though."

emily chuckled. "there's no need to be. he's really nice once you get to know him, he just needs to make sure he can trust you first."

you nodded, looking back up at your mom.

"remember this day?" she said, grabbing a photo of you when you were little. you laughed, pointing at it.

morgan walked up to reid, a cup of coffee in his hand as garcia followed him over to the conversation.

"who is that?" reid asked. morgan smiled.

"that's emily's daughter, _____ prentiss."

reid smiled a little, watching you look over items from the box as your mom patted you on the shoulder.

garcia glanced over at you.

"oh, she seems nice," she said. morgan nodded.

"indeed she does."

reid couldn't stop staring at you, and as much as he hated doing it, he was profiling you. it was out of pure habit.

"oh, she's coming over, uh, hi," garcia said with a smile, shaking your hand in hers as your mom stood next to you.

"hi, i've heard a lot about you all and the work you've done here. it's very impressive," you told them.

reid smiled, continuing to stare down at you while morgan glanced over to notice this. he didn't make much attention of it but simply noted it.

"uh, this is special agent morgan and doctor spencer reid," emily said, introducing you to the rest of the crew that was down here at the moment.

"hi," you said, shaking their hands.

"so," morgan started. "what made you decide on coming down to work for the b.a.u. when you lived up in the beautiful city of new york?"

you tucked some hair behind your ear.

"well, your work always fascinated me and when my mom said that there was a position available," you told them. "i took it."

"you used to live in new york?" reid asked, taking a sip of his coffee to hid the smile on his face that he hadn't been able to get rid of since seeing you arrive.

you nodded, giving him a smile.

"uh, yeah," you said. "the big apple. police work up there is very different so i was hoping one of you would help me out with figuring things out around here. it would mean a lot."

"i'll do it."

morgan closed his mouth, looking over at reid who just gave him a smile back.

-

"what the hell are you doing?"

reid shrugged. "what do you mean?"

morgan crossed his arms, looking over at you to see you chatting with garcia while reid looked with him.

"you know how emily is about who dates her daughter," he said.

"why would you assume that i want to date her?"

morgan chuckled, looking up at him.

"reid, come on. a pretty girl with police experience working for the fbi shows up and you don't want to date her? i'm a profiler. and you, my friend," he said, poking a finger into his chest. "have been profiled."