ninety eight: up all night

"_____, just come get in the bed when you finish your research," reid said sleepily as he went over to where you were sitting in the den with a bunch of similar case files laid out around you. you had a cup of coffee on the table as you took sips from it randomly when you felt the need to. he took a seat next to you, laying his head down on your shoulder as you looked over at him. 

"you alright?" you asked him sweetly as you ran your fingers through his hair gently. he let out a sigh as you continued to look down at him. your attention was now focused on him and not on the cases. "reid?"

"yeah, i'm just tired," he said. "i want you."

you chuckled softly, continuing to run your fingers through his hair. 

"i know," you told him softly. "but i need to continue researching these cases."

"what are they even about?" he asked sweetly as he sat up and wrapped his arms around your waist. he nuzzled his head into your neck as you let out a sigh, going back to work and looking at all the case files and their descriptions. 

"abductions, kidnappings," you muttered. "all with children around ten years old."

"why are you researching these again?" he asked. you could feel him falling asleep next to you as you turned around to face him. you gave him a small smile, pressing a small kiss to his cheek as you saw his sleepy eyes grow fonder of and even more tired with you. 

"reid," you said softly as you looked at him. "you should go to bed." 

he nodded, pressing a kiss to your neck as he got up and was about to head to the bed but paused as you continued to stare up at him. he gave you another gentle, sleepy smile as he pressed a kiss to your forehead before walking over to the bed. 

"_____, don't stay up too late working on those files or researching them or whatever," he muttered as he collapsed into the bed and immediately went to sleep. you turned back to the files as you sorted through the victims and their backgrounds while looking at the similarities of the cases. 

-

the next morning, you had to go into work and when reid woke up, he saw that you had fallen asleep while working on the files. you were asleep on the couch with a case file covering your chest as you held onto a paper loosely from the file as it was almost touching the floor with how loose your grip was on it. 

reid chuckled to himself, going to the kitchen and fixing you a cup of your favorite coffee as he answered his ringing phone. he checked to make sure you weren't awake from the ringing and when he saw you weren't, he answered. 

"doctor reid," he said softly as your cup of coffee finished brewing. "yeah, we will be there in thirty minutes. see you then." 

he hung up the phone, getting your cup of coffee and added some cream and sugar into it. he picked up the cup and walked into the den where you were still peacefully sleeping with the case files. he set it down on the coffee table as he lightly shook you. you sat up in a somewhat frenzy, accidentally knocking the whole file to the floor in a mess with the other files.

"oh, shit," you muttered sleepily as you leaned down to get it but reid grabbed it for you instead as he began to organize it all for you. you looked over at him as he picked it up and put it all back in the correct files. "what time is it?" 

"seven o'clock in the morning," he muttered as he put the files back on the coffee table in an organized stack for you. you let out a groan of annoyance at the time, laying back on the couch as you stared up at the ceiling. reid chuckled. 

"what time did you fall asleep, _____?" he asked.

you put a pillow over your face to block the light of the sun coming in through the window's blinds. "only an hour ago," you muttered. "at six o'clock."