one hundred and eight: hairtie

"have you always had that hair tie on your wrist, reid?" morgan asked him as they were out on the case to go over the dump site of the bodies. he looked down at the small, black hair band that rest on his wrist. he smiled at it.

"no," he muttered. "_____ gave it to me recently."

morgan smiled. "aw," he said softly. "does it symbolize anything?" he asked him as he kept staring down at it with a smile on his face.

"well, she said if she ever saw that black hair band anywhere other than my wrist, she'd kill me, so," he laughed lightly, causing morgan to raise his eyebrows.

"so, she's protective?" he asked.

reid cleared his throat. "protective, jealous. i'm not so sure what triggered it because she's never let me have one of her hair bands before, not like i've asked her to give me one," he muttered.

morgan crossed his arms. "you seriously don't know the reason?" he asked reid. he shook his head, looking at him in confusion.

"the night we went out to the bar, a lady at the counter started hitting on you. _____ wasn't around to see it but when she came back, she saw that you and her were very close. so i'm thinking it most likely had to do with that," he muttered. reid raised his eyebrows.

"i don't remember there being any other lady?"

morgan furrowed his brows in confusion.

"really? she was brunette-" he began but reid cut him off.

"she was my _____," he said with a smile as morgan let out a sigh.

"so you weren't paying attention to the lady trying to hit on you because you were so focused on _____?"

he nodded, still staring at the hair band.

"she looked so pretty that night. she had on a pair of her favorite pair of nice pants and a nice shirt with my jacket over it. she was wearing her favorite pair of heels as well from the day of work. her hair was down and it had a slight curl to it from the day before. her makeup was simple and soft, very natural looking. her eyes were sparkling with admiration towards me and she was very sweet with everyone because she was slightly intoxicated. she kept humming her favorite song to me when we got to be alone that night. she kept telling me how much she loved me and how much she couldn't wait to get married. it's all she really talked about," reid said with a smile as he looked up at morgan. "what?" he asked.

"oh my god, kid," he said with a smile. "marry her!"

he smiled, looking back down at the hair band as he let out a sigh. "i guess you'll just have to wait and see."

morgan shook his head with a smile.

"all i'm saying is that if you remember everything about her that night and everything she talked about that night, you need to marry her. you're so deeply in love with her," morgan told him as reid smiled.

"like i said, you'll have to wait and see."