one hundred and forty four: it's complicated (part three)

when you got to reid's apartment, you knocked on the door as he opened it to see you there. he looked like a hot mess as well as you shoved yourself in his arms, holding onto him tightly as you began to feel yourself crying more.

"i don't know how to do this, reid," you said softly. "i just don't know how i'm going to go out and have my own life when i also have not a lot of time to be with others except for my boyfriend. i just don't know how i can do this."

reid nodded, continuing to hold onto you tightly.

"i'm sorry," he said. "i'm so sorry i keep taking you away from things that are important to you. and i know they are but i just don't know how to do things either without you. you've been there for me for four years."

you nodded. "i know."

"should we even consider?" he began but you shook your head.

"no," you told him. "we aren't breaking up. we can't. you're too important to me."

"but if neither of us have a life?" he asked.

you nodded, tightening your grip on him.

"i can't lose you. i can't lose you. i can't. i just can't. i don't know what to do if i did lose you. i just don't know-" you began rambling but reid pressed his lips to yours as you sunk into it.

when he let go, you rest your head on his chest as he kicked the door shut gently with his heel.

"we aren't breaking up," he said softly. "i don't want to hurt you like that."

you nodded. "i think i should just stay here tonight."

he nodded, keeping you close to his body.

"are you tired now?" he asked as you shook your head.

"not really," you replied back softly. "but i want to lay on you because i need some cuddles after this."

he nodded, looking over towards the couch and then the bed as you knew what he was contemplating.

"couch," you said softly as he nodded.

when you two got over to the couch, he laid down first before you practically laid yourself down on top of him in record time. you rest your head on his chest, keeping yourself close to the crook of his neck.

"i'm sorry i take you away from everything," he muttered. you shook your head, closing your eyes.

"i don't even think i'd be able to do what they wanted me to do tonight anyways," you muttered, feeling yourself falling asleep.

"what is that?" he asked gently.

"they wanted me to get dumb guys and make them feel dumb," you muttered. "dumb about trying to play us like that guy did to them who pretended to be an fbi agent."

he nodded, seeing your breathing pattern had begun evening out.

"goodnight, sweetheart," he said softly. "i love you."

you muttered back a soft 'love you too' before falling asleep while laying on him. reid smiled to himself, closing his eyes as well as he began to drift off to sleep.

-
the next day at work, you saw the girls as they all came up to you and asked if everything was okay. you nodded, tucking loose hair behind your ear.

"mhmm," you told them. "yeah, everything is fine. let's try to plan something else next time though because i think i just got a little stressed out."

they nodded. garcia smiled at you.

"honestly you didn't miss anything last night," she said softly. "all the guys were super nice. j.j. even got a few numbers."

"i didn't ask for them," she interrupted. "they were handed to me."

"either way, you got numbers."

all of you laughed as you made eye contact with reid who was just smiling at you sweetly. you excused yourself from the conversation, walking over to him and pressing a kiss to his cheek before leaning up against the counter and sparking conversation with him.

"they really are cute together," prentiss muttered. "i just don't think she could do it last night because of reid."

"i understand that," garcia nodded before all of you began to walk off towards the room to get started with the case.