one hundred and ninety one: good scare

"check to see if any had a left leg missing or removed," reid told garcia over the phone as you sat at the table, playing with a pen as you waited for her to respond.

"ew! okay, this is why i can't talk about my work at dinner," she said before continuing to search when everyone finally heard her respond. "spencer, you scare me."

"join the club," rossi said from behind you as you smiled to yourself, looking over at reid who furrowed his brows briefly in confusion as you continued to smile to yourself.

-
"garcia really got you shook up there for a second, spence," you said to him as you put on a jacket.

"really it was just rossi," he muttered, finishing putting on his jacket as he looked over at you while you fixed your gun in your holster before looking up at him.

"what?" you asked, seeing him staring at you ever so sweetly.

he smiled, looking away towards his shoes as you continued to look at him.

"what?" you repeated, laughing a little as you waited for his response.

"can you come here for just a second?" he asked softly as you nodded, finishing fixing your holster before walking over to him as he fully embraced you into a tight hold.

you smiled, resting your head near the crook of his neck as he let out a sigh.

"is this because they said that they were a little frightened of your intelligence, spence?" you asked.

he shrugged, keeping his hold tight on you.

"whatever it is, it's gotten me a little shaken up. maybe it's the storm," he muttered, seeing the power go out briefly before the backup generator kicked in.

you were still holding him close as you didn't want to let go but when you heard morgan calling yours and reid's name, you let go, pressed a brief kiss to his lips, and then proceeded to look at morgan as he walked in.

"hey, there you guys are. we're about to go on a storm chase- we think we know where the guy is."

you nodded, smiling at him as reid did an awkward smile back as well.

"i don't know what goes on with you two, but i'll figure it out when we get home. get ready to get rained on!" he said as he left the room.

you looked up at reid once more, pressing a kiss to his lips momentarily before walking out of the room and towards where morgan went.