eighty one: avoided calls

"are you sure?" you asked the doctor as he nodded. he gave you a small smile before heading to the door. when he got there, he opened it and before deciding to leave, he turned around to say something.

"congratulations," he said softly before shutting the door and leaving. you instantly pulled out your phone, dialing reid's number but didn't hear him pick up. you checked, seeing that he was unavailable.

you let out a small sigh before grabbing your things and leaving the building. when you got to the car again, you decided to call reid again in case he would answer this time.

you immediately were sent to voicemail.

"son of a bitch," you muttered softly to yourself as you looked at his number on your phone before putting it in the cup holder of the car. you slid down a little, biting your lip.

you knew he was on a case but you also knew you could've left him a voicemail at least but that didn't seem to be happening. you had to tell him the news.

-
you drove back to your apartment, getting inside before deciding to call him once more to see if you could even just get his voicemail. when dialing him, it was ended right again.

you let out a sigh, tossing your phone on your bed as you went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. you heard your phone ring as you walked out, seeing it was just your mom.

you answered it.

"hey, mom," you started as you sat down on your bed before running a hand through your hair. "yeah, i'm good. how's dad doing?"

you listened to her as you felt your mind getting dizzy with a headache. you needed to let reid know what was going on- he needed to know.

"hey, mom, i gotta go," you told her sweetly. "yeah, no, nothing is wrong. reid is good, i just have to get to some work for tomorrow."

you hung up on her as you tossed your phone onto the bed once more. you anxiously ran a hand through your hair before deciding you just needed to get some sleep.

as you got in the bed, you called reid one more time but only got a declined call again. you set your phone on your nightstand before deciding to get some sleep.

-
when you woke up in the morning, you checked your phone immediately. you saw five missed calls from reid as you sat up immediately. grabbing your phone, you dialed him back.

when he picked up, you coughed a little.

"so you're calling me back now?" you asked him, laying back on the pillows as you heard reid let out a sigh.

"_____, i'm so sorry," he began. "morgan and i are in the middle of a prank war and he gave reporters my number instead of his."

"so, your reason for hanging up on me constantly?" you asked him as you crossed your arms over reid's shirt that you were wearing.

"i kept thinking it was the reporter's calling me like they've been doing all day," he muttered. "i'm so sorry, sweetheart."

you let out a sigh as you stared up at the ceiling.

"okay, well, can you talk later? it's important," you told him as he nodded to himself but you couldn't see it.

"yeah, we're back now. where do you want me to meet you?" he asked sweetly.

"my apartment," you told him before hanging up but he stopped you.

"______, once again- i'm so sorry. i love you," he said as you felt blush arise in your cheeks. you couldn't be mad at reid, you loved him too much when he was such a sweet guy.

"i love you too," you told him before hanging up and getting ready to meet him. you had to hold back your nerves.

-
"morgan, you really screwed me over here," reid said as they walked back into the main part of the building.

morgan just laughed. "not like you were missing any important calls."

"actually, i was," he said. "_____ called me nearly six times and i didn't get them because i kept thinking it was the reporters."

"wait, really?" he asked. "well, i'm sorry, kid."

"it's whatever," he said before turning around and muttering something to himself. "i will crush you."

"what was that?" morgan asked with a slight laugh.

"nothing, it's nothing. i can't be late to meet her so i'll see you later," reid said as he left to go meet up with you.

-
when he got to your apartment, he knocked twice before you opened the door to see him. he walked in, giving you a hug as you held onto him.

"how was the case?" you asked softly as he held onto you tightly, burying his head into the crook of your neck. you chuckled softly.

"reid?" you asked softly.

"i'm sorry," he muttered. you kept your arms wrapped around his neck loosely as you smiled.

"hey, it's okay," you told him softly. he didn't loosen his grip on you at all, keeping you tightly against him. "how was the case?" you asked again.

"it was good," he muttered. "we figured out who did it all."

"as you usually do," you said with a smile as reid kept his hold on you. "hey, reid, i'm okay. it's okay."

"it's not just that," he muttered. you cocked your head in confusion. "i just really missed you today."

"is everything okay?" you asked him sweetly.

his grip kept itself on you. "yeah, it's okay now. i just, sometimes cases are hard when it deals with people's loved ones or losing people you love or know very well. it always makes me think about you and how much i would be affected if something ever happened to you."

you smiled, tightening your grip on him slightly as you shut the door with your foot.

"reid, we need to talk," you said softly. "it's important."

he nodded, slowly letting go of you as you looked up at him.

"so, i've been sick for about a day or two now and i thought that taking medicine would be the solution. after those days passed and there was no change, i went to the doctor and he found out something," you began softly. you kept your hands in his as he continued to stare at you. "reid, i'm pregnant."

he blinked a few times in shock as he looked at you before feeling a smile escape onto his lips. you looked up at him, waiting for him to do something.

he didn't do anything for a moment before he embraced you back in a hug.

"you're pregnant?" he asked sweetly.

you nodded, your hold on him tightly.

"you're not mad?" you asked.

he shook his head. "of course not! this is incredible! you're going to be a mom, _____. we're going to be parents."

you smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek as you stayed where you were. you stayed on the tips of your toes as you rest your face in the crook of his neck.

"i can't believe this," he said with an enthusiastic smile. "you're pregnant."

you nodded, your hold on him still firm as he kept you close to him.

"this is incredible," he said with a smile still on his face.