one hundred and forty one: never

author's note: because i don't have good service, i therefore am going off of memory of the last few episodes of criminal minds that i watched for these imagines so just keep that in mind. i'm dumb in forgetting to download episodes before leaving, oops. but also, i have a few random ideas thrown in there too of course ahaha.
-

when you got the bau the next morning, you felt everything in your body grow jealous and protective of reid after the previous incident that night. when you walked to the conference room, you took a seat in your chair as you avoided eye contact with j.j. and continued to stare down towards the case file.

"hey, _____. how was your outing last night?" prentiss asked as she took a seat next to j.j. and looked over at you. you smiled briefly at her.

"it was good," you told her softly. "reid seemed to have fun, didn't you?" you asked him softly, not looking at him before finally doing so. when you made eye contact with him, you could see the confusion in his eyes as you continued to stare into them.

"yeah, we had fun last night," he told emily before seeing hotch walk in as garcia began to introduce the case. your eyes were on the case the entire time that she was introducing it.

reid lightly cleared his throat, causing you to look over at him with a jealous sparkle in your eye before it softened into love when looking at him.

he nodded, suddenly understanding.

-
"what's up with you being so jealous about me?" he asked you softly as the two of you walked towards the abduction sites together. you tucked your hair behind your ear, looking up at him.

"because i love you, spence," you replied. "can i not be jealous about my boyfriend and one of our co-workers and might i add friend just to make it a little more serious, who is getting and was getting a little too close last night and how she's always-"

reid stopped you, putting his hand in yours which caused you to stop walking and look up at him.

"you can't keep being jealous over us being friends, _____," he said softly. you looked off to the side, your hair gently blowing in the light breeze as reid reached out, lightly tucking it behind your ear as you stared up at him lovingly. "i'm not ever going to leave you, sweetheart. i love you. with all of my heart, with all of my soul, and all of the living being in my body, i love you."

you pressed a kiss to his cheek, lingering there momentarily while you took in his scent and his height considering the fact that you had to stand on your tiptoes in order to reach his cheek.

"don't leave me," you told him softly. "please don't leave me. i love you, spence."

he pulled you into a gentle hug, feeling your hold on him tight. he smiled.

"i'm not going to leave you, angel. but do remember, we have a case to work on but don't forget that i will always love you."

you let go, looking up at him with a smile.

"i love you too."